Anything wrong with this cam set?

ADJMART

Would this cam set be ok to put in my turbo buick? I have some coupons and summit bucks to use up before the end of the month and since I am doing a champion head swap anyways I figured the timming chain should be replaced from the stocker also and while im in there I could pull the cam.Since this one from summit would cost next to nothing with my money off just wanted your opinions.
COMP Cams SK69-234-4 - COMP Cams High Energy Cam and Lifter Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

that cam is a great street cam no worries on drop in a stock motor stock heads , stock converter

It's not much bigger than the stock cam. Might want to considers someting a little bigger if you want more out of the car. Maybe a 204/214 cam.

It's not much bigger than the stock cam. Might want to considers someting a little bigger if you want more out of the car. Maybe a 204/214 cam.

I saw that cam and didnt know much about it....so your saying it would be a much better choice from a performance stand point?Everything I was reading said not to over cam these cars so I figured the 206/206 to be a good choice but i am definately looking for better performance.Car is drivin mostly at the street but I do take it to the strip every 1 to 2 months.looking for the low 11's with the champion irons I am putting on.

Shouldnt be an issue but you should always check the pre load on the lifters just to make sure. Also get some Z paste for the cam and ZDDP to add to the oil for safety.

At first I was just going to order a new timing chain. Then, I thought while I'm in there.....

I ended up ordering the EDL-547 204/14 along with some new valve springs, drive shaft safety loop, U-Joints, break in oil and a timing chain. I blame Charlie for posting that link. :D

At first I was just going to order a new timing chain. Then, I thought while I'm in there.....

I ended up ordering the EDL-547 204/14 along with some new valve springs, drive shaft safety loop, U-Joints, break in oil and a timing chain. I blame Charlie for posting that link. :D

I'll take the blame if you want.:biggrin: If you decide to take the heads of I do porting and can help you with it. That would help you make the most of the cam and everything else.:smile:

Will do Charlie. I was driving the car back from Oklahoma Saturday and the engine quit. I'm pretty sure the timing chain went. I thought it was the cam sensor, but a change out proved that incorrect. :mad: I just had the car towed back here yesterday and will tear into it soon.

Dang you! I'll have a whole rebuild going by the time this is over! Since I'm going this far, might as well pull the heads off and come down your way one day. Since I'm that far, might as well check/replace bearings, replace valve seals...... :biggrin:

It's a high mileage engine. Might as well do it now and do it right.

LOL That's how it usually happens. Make it a little happier in the end.:biggrin:

Arlington machine is where several of the LSBPC guys have recomended to do the engine. If you need the number I've got it saved in my phone.:smile:

That's the cam I've got and the cam button is what you need to keep from eating the timing cover up.

You planning on going to the swap meet this weekend at the nascar track?

Thanks Charlie. Didn't know if that was the right one or not.

I hadn't heard of the swap meet. Just googled it. You going? I'm 20 minutes away from the speedway. I'd like to meet ya if you'll be there!

Gonna try and make it Saturday and maybe be with one of the Waco guys. I'll send you a PM if I can actually go. Trying to re-arange some work at the shop so I can go.

I go to look and buy tools but there's lots of stuff hanging around there. It's one of the better swap meets out there for just about anything.

cam

I'm with Charley on this one just installed it in a engine I really like the power band on it.just removed a 212/218 and I'm a lot happier with this one pulls real hard up to 5500 rpm