anyone with turbos on a ls1 type motor in a GN?

undertaker

of course there's the easy rear mount method but I'd like to hang them front and top and not pay a zillion dollars for headers/manifolds....jsut curious whats out there that works.

You can run the stock manifolds backwards and make a cross over.
This has worked in the 1400hp range with a 94MM Head Unit.

if stock manifolds backwards will get the job done that sounds like a plan, throwing a car together more as a toy than an all out effort, its only certified to 8.50 doubt i want to ask much more out of it. Upgrading my TT Z06 to a 427 and the forged 346 in it now thats putting down 710 on pump gas with meth should do the trick for it on race gas.

view all my posts for the info, the truck manis DO NOT work on a full frame car. i have pics of it and what i did in my thread a ways down this forum. also just posted a vid of my car in video section! If you have Q's, ask me and ill see what i can do.
Gary

truck manifolds definetely not gonna work? not lookin for AC, not lookin for power steering, I'm still debating even putting plates on the car or making it a strip trailer queen.....Pretty much hit the point with my vette that a best of 10.6 at 136 and 10.95 at 140 because I refuse to give up the 6 speed (spend more time road racing it than drag) is driving me nuts......I want a solid axle car, and always wanted a GN.....although it isn't true to form, I know nothing about turbo 6's and honestly....don't like the sound of the fast ones....so I figured a roller with a nice turbo LSx of some variety would do the trick for my horsepower needs, and its black, I have some weird sort of obsession with black cars.

Of course I have 4 hot motors and its coming down a decision as to what to throw into it. the forged 346 in my vette now (stock block, crank, heads, but pushing 710 to the wheels on 93 and methanol with 14 pounds with rear mount sts twins), the C5R 427 my buddy is getting rid of which pegged the chassis dyno at 1000/1000 at 5500 rpms out of 6800 with a F2, the 502 ramjet with 30K and at least 40-50 bottles at 200 a hit in my soon to be parted tow rig, or the 400 smallblock built on a bowtie block, o-ringed, insane bottom end, setup for turbos from its original build.....which was scheduled to go into my 55 chevy with a morrison frame, but that car will be more show/street/powertourish than race, doubt I'll even put a bar in it... (the not yet started never ending project)......

we shouldn't even get started on transmissions sitting in the garage now should we? :rolleyes:

of course at the moment I'm between the two LSx blocks, I'm leaning towards teh big motor in the vette with less boost because I'm overtemping it with every sort of cooling we can throw at it as is....and the 346 with a bit more extreme of a setup in the GN for drag.. Would be able to get away with manifolds and a reasonable size turbo/exhaust etc. Not looking for anything class specific, just a fun car to go get my speedfix from that won't drop clutches and transmissions out its ass when i launch it from 5-6 grand like I wind up doin with the vette.

yeah, did you look at my build up post? its at the top now, LSx turbo swap. The truck manifolds will sit with the outlets 1/2 way in the frame. none of the manifolds will work, except the drivers side of a 98-99 camaro facing forward i think will. you need to make a set of headers, but its pretty easy. i am not running ac or PS either, but still have my steering box for the time being. the setup i have is the only way to make it work with the stock steering box. But it works extremely well. just look at my thread and youll see how everything will fit together. And a fully forged 346 with a S80 turbo, headers and 2.5" crossover would be fast as hell. if you could keep it close to 3000lbs, and at 15psi you should make closer to 800whp with the front mount turbo. id put a powerglide with a brake and 5000 stall 8" converter and a 9" in the back. simple, very light, and dead reliable. build that motor to spin 7500rpm and youll have so much fun.

You could always point the stock truck exhaust manifolds up towards the hood and have the turbos poking out like Chris Chow does :eek: