Anyone using XFI boost control ?

I thought about it but the XFI God, Cal Hartline, recommended using the AMS -500. That was enough for me.

XfI boost control

I have used it on a couple of applications, the system controls boost by providing a solenoid with a duty cycle output, and this applies pressure to the top of the wastegate or removes pressure from the bottom of the wastegate, it depends on how you plumb it. The only downside is the table is tps vs mph and there aren't as many features as the AMS or Innovate style controllers offer. Works good on some of the street cars that I have set up with it, and also on a twin turbo sand rail that I have using it. The cool Thing is you can set up two different programs and use the XFI thumb wheel to switch between a pump gas boost setting and a race gas setting, no fiddling with the wastegate arm or a stupid air pressure regulator style boost controller.

Thanks for the reply Buzzard

Have a stock wastegate actuator & selenoid from previous Translator pro setup, may try this with XFI control.

TPS/MPH seems a bit unusual.

Any tuning tips you can pass along ?

You have to mess with the gains and duty cycle to see what works best with your wastegate set up, you can set the whole table to the same duty cycle and disregard the mph and tps axis and it will work similar to the stock ecu. More duty cycle means more pressure to the gate, lower numbers means less pressure. So with the solenoid on the bottom of the wastegate, higher numbers less boost, lower numbers more boost. With the solenoid on the top, it is reversed. For a stock wastegate it would be higher numbers more boost, lower less. Give it a try and post back with your results.

Thanks for the reply Buzzard

Have a stock wastegate actuator & selenoid from previous Translator pro setup, may try this with XFI control.

TPS/MPH seems a bit unusual.

Any tuning tips you can pass along ?

I have my Translator Pro still controlling my boost even though I have an XFI.:eek:

T pro did control boost well, being closed loop.

But XFI is now closed loop also.

Tried c.loop last evening with default parameters & it didnt work well.

Tried open loop & it worked ok, little spike , then settled down.

New Boost parameters page is not listed anywhere in instructions V1340 .
Talked to XFI guy today & found parameter page is filled with randon #'s.

Starting # should be "like"
Slew 200
p 100
I 75
D75

DC is now % of MAP range , so 50% of 3 bar = 1.5 bar absolute = 7.5# boost

No instructions available as engineers are thinking about changing parameters to be more user friendly.

I'm using Tpro selenoid to shut off presure to WG to increase boost.

When I bought my XFI it didn't have closed loop boost control. Never tried to use XFI as the controller since the T pro works so well.