Anyone using Champion's power steering/alternator bracket?

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I just ripped out my A/C and heater stuff. None of it was working and I never used it anyways. Now I gotta do something about the pulley system since I don't have the compressor anymore. Is anyone running that Champion bracket that relocates the alternator and power steering? Does it eliminate the stock tensioner? Do you have to use a custom belt? I'm strongly considering this piece. Any clearance issues with 4" piping going to the turbo?

It does eliminate the stock tensioner and requires a different belt. I've seen at least one car running a 4" intake tube. It's a nice setup and I really like how it gets the alt. out of the way.

Me likey...

altbracket-combo1.jpg

CHAMPION Racing Heads

Patrick

I just ripped out my A/C and heater stuff. None of it was working and I never used it anyways. Now I gotta do something about the pulley system since I don't have the compressor anymore. Is anyone running that Champion bracket that relocates the alternator and power steering? Does it eliminate the stock tensioner? Do you have to use a custom belt? I'm strongly considering this piece. Any clearance issues with 4" piping going to the turbo?

Bye, Bye stock tensioner & hello diff belt ! ;) 4" inlet pipe, no problem. Ur gonna like it ! :)

Don, its a great piece. No tensioner and it moves the altenator outta harms way. Changing the valve cover gasket on the drivers side is just as easy on the passenger side without the heater box.

Before
DSC00872.jpg

After
DSC01433.jpg

similar situation

i too,have just installed the champion ps and alt.bracket.nice piece.took me a while to figure out layout,had to take off feed gas line,while tilting alternator to tighten gas line that i reinstalled,BROKE OFF the return hose nipple on the reservoir!!!.i was going to install another remote reservoir anyway!...does anyone have belt part #s..thanks...

with alternator installed and ps pump installed and at bottom of adjustment (adjuster screw twisted out ) wrap a string around all the pulleys simulating where belt would be and then measure measure the string

belt will be based on that number
the coding for belt lenght is as follows
51" will be a belt ending 0510 so gatorback belt # 4060510
51 1/4 will be 0512
51 3/8 will be 0513
51 1/2 will be 0515
51 3/4 will be 0517

i beleive i ended up with 51" with Cs144 alternator and stock crank and wp pulley , but your configuration may vary depending on pulleys which is why i say measure with a string

i also ended up fabricating and installing a rear bracket for the alternator to the header stud similar to the one that is behind the ac compressor

Did the bracket and RJC pulleys a year or two back...very sanitary now.

Attachments

• Buick 013.jpg
    Buick 013.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 534
Bad pic..didn't realize the bracket was that well hidden untill it posted up the pic. Just goes to show how well it really does "relocate" everything!

Don,
did you wind up doing this? Where did you get the belt and what part number was it?

Can some one help me?

Looks like I need 51.50 long.

pictures

here's pictures

Attachments

• Picture 350.jpg
    Picture 350.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 451
  • Picture 348.jpg
    Picture 348.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 457
here's pictures

Looks great.
I cant find anyone that has a 51.50" belt. I have tried a 51 1/8" belt from Napa it was to small, and a 52 7/8 belt from Napa was to big. NAPA can not get anything in between.

I have also tried Advance Auto, Autozone, Orielys, and Carquest. Wait on hold to find out they can not get it for me. I cut a new belt and made it 51.50 long to confirm the leght. I think 51.75 would also work. Tried to find that also. I am striking out completely.

I was asking Don because I knew while he was attending college he worked at Autozone. He would probably be someone that knew how to look up a part other than by entering questions into a computer data base so it can spit the part number out to ya.

The installs look great, where did you guys get the belt from. I need one bad.

Here is a pic of the other Champion bracket. I had manual steering...

Attachments

• motor3 (Small).jpg
    motor3 (Small).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 393
Belt

SAM,
BELT NUMBER IS K060512.
I CAN ORDER YOU ONE IF YOU WANT.
THEY COST AROUND $18.00 PLUS SHIPPING.
HOW MANY DO YOU NEED.
CALL ME TOMORROW(FRIDAY).
JASON
AFFORDABLEGN

HERE ARE THE SPECS FROM GATES:

Belt / Sprocket Specifications
Effective Length (In.) 51.22

Effective Length (mm) 1301

Number of Ribs 6

Outside Circumference (In.) 51.787

Outside Circumference (mm) 1315

Top Width (In.) .807

Top Width (mm) 20

SAM,
BELT NUMBER IS K060512.
I CAN ORDER YOU ONE IF YOU WANT.
THEY COST AROUND $18.00 PLUS SHIPPING.
HOW MANY DO YOU NEED.
CALL ME TOMORROW(FRIDAY).
JASON
AFFORDABLEGN

HERE ARE THE SPECS FROM GATES:

Belt / Sprocket Specifications
Effective Length (In.) 51.22

Effective Length (mm) 1301

Number of Ribs 6

Outside Circumference (In.) 51.787

Outside Circumference (mm) 1315

Top Width (In.) .807

Top Width (mm) 20

Jason,
As you travel across the universe tomorrow I would be greatfull if you found one of these. I'll pay ya back if you deliver me one. Goal is to start the engine Saturday, but I am not going to risk not running the waterpump and overheating it.

Get in touch with me tomorrow.