anyone using a dsm bov?

quickbrick

where do you get an aluminum weld flange for it? the stock uppipe is aluminum right? ive seen a couple places sell the steel weld flange.

Uppipe is steel, and weldable.
You have to modify the valve, to use it over about 12 PSI. Just change the referencing by adding a hose and blocking a port.

Honestly, I would not use it. The dsm guys crush it so that it will not blow boost out on higher psi. Then eventually ditch it and go with a better piece. You could get a nice blitz bov on ebay like I did for $150 that will vent. It was polished and you can get a flange and springs for it from local shops.

What you do not want is to spend money on a flange, getting it on and then to have it vent out boost at 12 psi. Then you just lost an up pipe, and the money on the flange, getting it on and dsm bov.

I have photos of mine if you want to see them email me

mike@spoolinup.com

Looks nice and can go 25 psi easy with the removable spring. And makes a nice loud whale noise when you get off it on 17 psi.

If you're looking into Talon BOV's, you should check out this site. Gary Donovan has lots of worthwhile tidbits for any turbo car on his site, even though this is a direct link to the BOV page:

http://www.thedodgegarage.com/turbo_bov_mod.html

I'd imagine that you'd want to run dual Talon valves due to the size of our engines.

i wanted to do this as cheap as possible with no problems. i got a dsm bov that has been slightly crushed for 10 bucks. the guy said it would hold 21 psi. i got an extra uppipe for 15 and the flange is 10. do you think this will hold up to 21psi, i never run over 17 psi. if it doesnt work, ican sell it on ebay. ive seen them going for up to 50 dollars just for the bov.