Anyone still rockin old school bolt on combos?

deezdad

Talking 44/49, 2800 tc, 36# blue tops, dutt neck ic, ported stock elbow & the like...??? Anyone upgrade to the latest n greatest "bigger is better" but have regrets? Just having a few drinks & pondering...

Talking 44/49, 2800 tc, 36# blue tops, dutt neck ic, ported stock elbow & the like...??? Anyone upgrade to the latest n greatest "bigger is better" but have regrets? Just having a few drinks & pondering...
This is right around where i advise guys to stop unless they want to spend alot of money and really need to build a combo to drop a few seconds et.
So they dont regret😉

Yes - I'm still doing it old school with the following: original engine with Comp 979 valve springs all else stock, TA-49 I bought from Red with ported elbow, ATR stock replacement 2.5" downpipe, ATR 2.5" test pipe, ATR 3" crossflow exhaust, stock intercooler with big neck, Walbro pump, ATR fuel pressure regulator, Pete Tomka air filter setup behind drivers headlight, Turbo Tweak chip, 9.5" single lockup Vigilante torque convertor, Hotchis rear lower control arms, and Mickey Thompson 255/60-15's on stock T wheels. I have run 11.98 @ 112 around 22 pounds of boost not leaning on it with 110 octane gas. At 17 pounds of boost on pump 93 it runs 13 flat anytime. Tuning it some on pump gas I have run 12.50's on pump gas. Drives and runs way better than stock. I drove this car stock so I know. The combo could go faster but I always keep it conservative on the tune.

I got a fresh TA60(formerly a 49), Dutt neck intercooler, intercooler fan, & stock ECM lol.

Soon to change as I got 120# injectors, -6 & -8 fuel lines to make my transition over to corn. High 13’s here I come!!!!😬😎

Close...TE54, duttneck, 36's TT Alky, 2800, 3 inch downpipe (came w/car). All bought used on this site. Only thing bought new was the alky kit.

All bolt-on car here, RJC 3" Crossflow Exhaust, home made 3" really hi-flo cat., Mease Intercooler and Downpipe, SMC Alky. modified for staged nozzles by me and NAPA, GEN II translator and Extreme G chip LS1 MAF, PTE 51 rebuilt at 150K miles on it, no melted fins, HR Parts Swaybar and Upper and Lower arms first generation, TA Rear Cover, Baer old school Sport Brakes front and rear with PBR Calipers, Caspers Hi-Lo fan kit, Alradco Radiator, Eric Shertz Transmission with Vigilante '0' Pump 3000 Stall Purple Converter, Bruce WE4 Shallow Transmission Pan bottom pickup, 4" Cold Air kit Mark H. Parts, Nittos, AR23 Wheels, Steve Monroe 62mm Throttle Body, Vacuum Brakes used G Body, Mike Dopkins Used 42 lb. Limetop Ford Injectors.
11.9 @ 114 at LVD, 12.0 @ 113 at Englishtown (RIP).
253,000 miles and not every bolt on still has all it's bolts. :oops:

I worked on a friends car in town, 86 T Type bought in 87.
ANS Feature car actually printed on their receipts. (he showed me)
Ran high 10's i believe in '89 or '90.
Untouched from then:
60-1 turbo with after market headers down pipe external gate.
50lb injectors
OLD DFI
Twin Bosch external fuel pumps
and it still ran....

I made the jump-see my signature. Looking back it was a waste of time and money. The reason is I drive this modified car the same way I drive my other one which is a stock WE4. You can't race on the street and I am not a drag racer(too expensive).

I am. Vig 3200 lockup converter, precision te62, 80# deka’s, stock core and a half stretched intercooler with a dutt neck, comp 981 springs, etc. Runs like the wind for old school garbage… absolutely obliterates street tires with any kind of throttle input unless doing highway pulls..