Anyone spraying their IC w/NOS?

Addicted2boost

SUCK, SQUISH, BANG, BLOW
I am going to work on a buddies car and he has NOS spraying his stock location IC. I'm gonna trade work on his car for the setup. I already have alky injection and was wondering if there is much/if any benefit to spraying my V4R stock location IC w/NOS? I know it all depends on how much I spray, but has anyone had any real decent gains on this setup? It will come with a halo type sprayer that sits in front of the IC.

CO2 would be cheaper and do the same job...don't know if you can do that though.

I did that to my friend's bone stock Typhoon. We wanted 13s bone stock. This was on a hot day so we triggered the water pump to stay on all the time. I sat at the bumper spraying the heatexchanger with nitrous. I had it nearly frozen by the time he pulled to the line. It knocked barely over .1 off his time but it was enough for a 13.89. Not worth it IMO.

Be careful you don't get it into the intake tract. We had a WS6 on the dyno and during a pull one of the owner's friends jokingly opened a bottle of nitrous about 2 feet from the air filter. The car showed just over 100rwhp increase but hurt the motor. I stood there totally speechless and trying not to laugh. Wish we had that one on video.

NO2, isn't very safe to be spraying around the engine if running. Why not use CO2? Alot safer. Same effect.

Well first of all, it's a NOS kit and I will get it for next to nothing. Second of all, I didn't think Nos was flammable. Or is it? 3rd of all, I'm planning on spraying while in boost like my alky setup. Can a NOS kit hold CO2 gas instead of NO2?? Besides, it's only gonna be spraying on the IC.

NO2 is not flammable...it's like boost...all it is is more Oxygen packed into a smaller area, if it accedentally went into the engine it would have the same effect as Overboosting it....It would cause a severly lean condition and then BYE-BYE HG, or piston, or whatever goes 1st.

Second of all it's not a very effecient way to cool an intercooler...In case you haven't checked lately N02 costs money, then you spray it into the atmosphere, not cooling the intercooler all that much for the effort and money....if you're that worried about air temps buy an air-liquid intercooler and run Ice water all the time, and get a nice cold air intake.

i do like the idea of cooling the air, denser air = more power, pretty simple. but for the money it would cost to go with no2, or even co2, i think you would be better off with a liquid to air ic, or even just a block of try ice set up aginst the ic, i've seen that done before. that is if its going to be used at the track, for street use co2 souldnt' be too bad of an idea, you can cool the air when you want to, I would like to try it, if i had the money to spend on it. someone else on this board claimed 30hp with a stock ic, not too bad for a simple thing.

If you filled it with CO2, it wouldnt be that expensive. My paint ball gun uses that and it is cheap as hell. Check out import forums. They will have alot of info on this. That is where the market for I/C coolers is aimed at.

Nick

Man, after reading the C02 thread posted at the link a few posts back, that's a REAL possibility! CHEAP to refill C02 bottles, like a buck per pound, I think...A 20 pound bottle would last a LONG TIME!

Forget NOS, fill those bottles with C02!