Anyone running PT61 w/o Converter?

F8L WS6

Since I had to take out my gas tank on my 89 TTA (somebody used rubber silicon to seal the filler neck to the tank) I figured I might as well do some other things to it while it was out of commission. I pulled the turbo out already and figured i'd do an upgrade.

I wanted to get the PT 61 since I don't think you can beat that for only 675 bucks. But the problem is I won't have the money for the converter/new chip until next month. Would it be possible to drive it with this turbo with the stock converter?

I will probably be bringing it to a shop to swap the converter out anyway and i'll have to drive it there.

Thanks alot in advance for any help!

The simple answer is yes you can drive it with the PT61, but it will not be the ideal setup for spooling. You will need a convertor for it to get it spooled hard at the line.

Jose

Thanks for the reply. I'm new to the turbo gig so I wanted to be sure.

Spool up time won't bother me as long as it won't cause any trouble just getting the car around. I can't wait to get the converter and chip for it for sure.

And I gotta say you got one badass car collection there. :eek:

i Have the stock converter and that same turbo. My best 60ft the other day was 2.03 and can only get about 5-6 psi of boost. but on the stock turbo i was able to get a 1.77 60ft on 11-12# launches.