Anyone replace their door lock motors?

GNTurbo6

Asian guy in redneck car
Has anyone replaced their door lock motors/actuators? Just wondering because mine don't really work. I'm also considering just installing some after market actuators that will hook up only to my alarm/remote start. Just trying to get an idea of what the cost would to do it with OEM parts to make the car function like it did originally.

1.make sure correct locks and actuators are in place
2. make sure wires have current and grounded

With that said alarmed cars came equipped with different type lock cyl. Do a search on wiring don't recall. If you have access to Mitchell Repair manual
its all spelled out. My local library had Mitchells on computer.

get gm not aftermarket. i have been threw this and the ones i bought at orielly are not as strong as oem ones. Also make sure ur metal lines are not bent or hitting anything.

Well, mine will kind of work. You can tell the motors are trying but they're just too worn out and old. I know for the fact the aftermarket ones we have will work fine (they're DEI). Also, I think the switch on my driver's side is pretty bad anyway. Doesn't even work at all for unlock and only works like half the time for unlock. Not that it matters since it doesn't have enough power to lock or unlock itself. Maybe I should just remove the switches and put my tweeters there.