Anyone planning on attending the Power Tour

Sleeper-6

I'm seriously thinking about doing the Power Tour long haul this year, Anybody else going to be there. I think a caravan of TRs would be sweet.

I actually leave right next to Rt. 66, so I'd love to jump in at least for a ways. Forgive me, but when is it?

speak up if you go I would love to do it if my car is done if not I will take my 57 bel air conv:D

I would like to get a group of Turbo Buicks (at least six) together at some point for a group photo that would run in the GMHTP coverage of Power Tour. I will be on the long haul and available at all of the stops. If you can get six cars together at any point on the tour, track me down. I will be driving a black Excursion with Wisconsin plates and I'm nearly impossible to miss in a crowd. Thanks!

Jim

I planned on the long haul this year, but my wife is due to have our first child during the tour. :eek:

I have done it before, and it's a blast. Never had my GN on it though...

James

question

I'd love to go but I can only make it to Tulsa and maybe drive to St. Louis the next day, then I'd have to come back to Fayetteville for work the next day. I didn't see any way to just go to 1 or 2 meets, only the entire tour for $55. Anyone know about this? I know there are some TR's in Tulsa and about 3 in this area that would probably go..

A few friends are going and I was going to but I got a new job instead.:( I wish it would come to the west caost one year so it would be easy to attend.

Originally posted by Jim@GMHTP
I would like to get a group of Turbo Buicks (at least six) together at some point for a group photo that would run in the GMHTP coverage of Power Tour. I will be on the long haul and available at all of the stops. If you can get six cars together at any point on the tour, track me down. I will be driving a black Excursion with Wisconsin plates and I'm nearly impossible to miss in a crowd. Thanks!

Jim

Excursion? Why aren't you driving a VW Bug?

Hey, we still need a center in Dallas. Give Mark Cuban a call.

:cool:

i was hoping to either do the arlington/tulsa leg or the tulsa/springfield leg...cruising along with all those cars should be awesome...

see you guys at the cityplex in tulsa...:D

Jim, I think I can get you a group shot in Ft. Worth. There should be several of us Dallas boys there the first day.

Originally posted by Captain Mark
Excursion? Why aren't you driving a VW Bug?

Hey, we still need a center in Dallas. Give Mark Cuban a call.

:cool:

The Ex gets 20 mpg on the highway, fuel is 30 cents a gallon cheaper and it can carry a ladder. My playing days are over too. I value a healthy body too much to subject myself to any more of that destruction :)

Look me up when the Buicks get gathered together and I'll break out my ladder

Trying to decide whether to do EJ's Bash in Conroe or the first leg of the Power Tour.

Anyone have a list started of Texas people heading to either event?

Originally posted by noddav6
Trying to decide whether to do EJ's Bash in Conroe or the first leg of the Power Tour.

Anyone have a list started of Texas people heading to either event?

Right now it looks like me, and my buddy Robert Downey will be ther, at least for the first part. I would like to get 6 turbo cars together and get a shot at being in the magazine.

Read this:
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114528

Originally posted by noddav6
That's a link to this thread. Am I missing something?:confused:

No, you're not missing something, I am. My brain....sorry about that. I thought this was the Texas forum.

Us firemen have never been accused of being smart!:D

Originally posted by Captain Mark
No, you're not missing something, I am. My brain....sorry about that. I thought this was the Texas forum.

Us firemen have never been accused of being smart!:D

But you sure look good (firemen in general)!!!! :eek: :D

B.S.