Anyone on here work for Dell? PLEASE HELP!!!!

V8KILLR

2speed 1day fast & faster
Just what the subject says. I need some inside help with my Dell (laptop) computer. This is now the 3rd time that it has burned up and the 4th time that it has had to be sent back to Dell. 1st time was a wire to the screen. 2nd time was the mother board and processor. 3rd time was the mother board again, just one month after the 2nd time down (which had NEW parts put in). 4th time is the mother board again.

The computer is out of warranty. I am going to a lawer on Weds (Free U of Maryland because of being a student) to see what is needed to go for the lemon law. Computer was almost $3,000 a year a go. I paid the big bucks to not have to deal with this $HIT!!! Please help if you can, I'm a poor college student with a spending problem on cars:D!!!

Thanks,
Jason

P.S. here is my email if anyone would like to go off the record: GN231Racing@hotmail.com.

Dell

Jason, I can feel your frustration!! My new DELL L/T lasted EXACTLY 1 day, and took a crap. The tech had me taking it apart on my desk, trying to save the sale. [Over $1600]..By the time I had gone thru about 1/2 of her "tests", I was so pissed off, I wanted nothing but a refund.
FINALLY got it...After MUCH nasty commentary..:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

My COMPAQ desktop did the same thing.. they told me that the warranty was the warranty, and the time was up.. "tuff noogies"
It had the same system failures as your L/T has had..

I think U are on the right track w/ the lawyer.

A later discussion w/ the local repair tech leads me to believe MOST all Dell stuff is junk!
GOOD LUCK!

dell has good service, but uses cheap parts, kinda like whatever is cheapest this week will be inside the machines....

The best way to go is to make friends with someone that can build you a computer. My buddy is a network engineer and built me a complete computer (less monitor) for cheap. It was something stupid like five or six hundred dollars or so if I remember right. I've had no problems with it and if I did I know he will take care of me. The actual parts are cheap. With Dell or any of the other big companies you are paying for overhead and marketing costs.

See if you can buy Dell's extended warranty, even though yours is already expired. Then send it back.

..Mike