Anyone looking for a TTA project car?

Jan Larsson

http://www.gmsports.com/album.asp?cat=CAMARO-FIREBIRD-3rd Gen\1989_Pontiac_Turbo_TA

I've seen it in person and it needs a lot of work .... new interior
(suprisingly the headliner seems to be fine), door hinges seems to be shot
at least driver side .... new paint ...

Engine looks stock from the out side and does not seem to miss something but
they said it needs work ....

Anyway, thought I'll post it here if anyone is interested and is in the San
Jose CA area ... as of today the car is still there

Otherwise seems like a good place to get parts from had tons of all gen TA's
and Camaros as well as vettes.

About how much are they asking on the TTA? Also what is the name of the place and phone number? I might be interested in some parts off some 2nd gens.

Why would you lift a car with a fork lift? Hope it didn't destroy anything on the underside.:rolleyes:

Contact details etc you find here http://www.gmsports.com/
It's in San Jose, CA just off the I880 north of the 101

My guess it's a stolen recovery, all seats slashed and engine "needs work" .... as for the fork lift they dont seem to have a ramp or anything at that place .... asking $6500 which, but that is my opinion, is a bit steep ..... will cost a lot to save that one

Probably a jealous ex girlfriend did that.Whoever did,they accomplished what they wanted with the owner.Id cry like a baby if I found my car like that.:(

tear em up

Hi!
Storage lots and salvage yards have no respect! Typically, they do nasty things like picking them up with a forklift. I'm convinced that they hate cars, in a primal way, and will f#$% them up any chance they get. Too bad, this one looks like it's already had enough!
Dale

I would rather have a forktruck pick my car up then an idiot that doesn't know how to use a floor jack.

you could part that car out and get all your money back and then some I bet if you did it right. Looks like most of the parts are in good shape. When was the last time you saw an entire tta in parts on ebay! :D I agree.. sometimes you can pick a car up with a forklift and not damage anything or very little.. but on these cars.. a forklift is not a nice thing to use! :eek:

Yes that is the same car that was on e-bay. The car was probably an insurance job, although i can only guess. I've known people who screwed up perfectly good cars just to get the money from the insurance company. To me with the x's being carved into the seats and the motor not running is a sure sign of an insurance scam!!!!

For what these cars sell for and for what that one needs.. you would never in a million years get your money out of it. Even if you made it a race car. That car has had a tuff life so far. Some low life owners had it from the looks. Part that baby out and make all that cash back and then some! :D :cool: Plus make a good number of TTA guys very happy! ;)

It just doesn't look that bad to me. I would rather spend the money to fix it up for myself and save another rare TTA, than part it out to make a few bucks and lose yet ANOTHER TTA. It just seems people love to part these things out, even cars with low miles. I don't get it.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by gn1220
It just doesn't look that bad to me. I would rather spend the money to fix it up for myself and save another rare TTA, than part it out to make a few bucks and lose yet ANOTHER TTA. It just seems people love to part these things out, even cars with low miles. I don't get it.:rolleyes:

Come on they are cars not a Mona Lisa :p Why would someone part out a low milage car ? Wrecked ?

RD

Well, if someone is willing ot buy it to part it out, I'd love to have a set of badges, I'm missing two of mine - nose badge and the passenger side winged tire emblem. Pretty please?