anyone know where to get the water pump BYPASS HOSE?

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
does anyone know where to get the S hose that goes from the water pump to the intake, just to the left of the crank sensor?

GM sells em for 14.00

but i was wondering if anyone has purchased that bypass hose from any parts store....

about 5 years ago i was able to just walk into napa and pull it off the shelf-...... but not anymore, we have already went thru the books at napa.

thanks for any help.

BRYAN

Ron's Custom Auto
Conley's Performance Plus
Cotton's Performance Center
John Pearcy Performance
Ramchargers

Do I need to continue?

LOCAL PARTS STORE

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.

I was wondering if anyone has purchased that bypass hose from any parts store.

About 5 years ago i was able to just walk into napa and pull it off the shelf, but not anymore. We have already went thru the books at napa.

thanks for any help.

BRYAN

Your local Auto Zone or Advance Auto do not have it? :confused:

Originally posted by Scott231
Ron's Custom Auto
Conley's Performance Plus
Cotton's Performance Center
John Pearcy Performance
Ramchargers

Do I need to continue?

i guess i should have been more specific there scotty....

does anyone know a local chain store who might carry the bypass hose? perhaps someone who has purchased one in the past, might still have the number handy and could give me the correct part number-

we went thru all napa's books, and advanced auto books and nothing comes up...

thanks

Can't find it? Went to Advances 'site http://www.partsamerica.com and did a search for "hose" for a '87 Regal GN. It spit out 43 hits, #9 being a "By-Pass Hose". Says it's a Gates Rubber Prods #20338, Molded Coolant. $4.99
It doesn't show a pic, so one can't be sure though...

:)

David

yeah, see the one im looking for is the S hose and not the one that leads to the heater metal lines...

i will write down that number and call advanced and see if they can get it in so i can see what it looks like-

thanks for the help

BW

I installed a digital temperature gauge & moved the "idiot light" sending unit to the top of the "S" hose using a "T" fitting. Now I can use either the regular Regal 90* hose or the "S" hose (have to cut the "S" hose).

The 20338 is a heater hose, 90 degree. It is called a bypass hose for ?? what reason?? Who knows, just to confuse us I guess.

I took my old one and matche as close as I could. I did have to trim some off of each end and muscle it on there. I works just fine though. Not perfect but once all is together you can not see it anyway under the wiring bundle that comes across there.

Try Carquest. Thats where I got my last one at.
It was a little long, had to trim but works perfectly.
Bubba

WOW-
this is from awhile ago-
i ended up getting 15 from GM-

if anyone breaks down on I-70 highway on a sunday evening, i will have parts to fix pretty much anything.

BW

Yea I know. I'm a little slow on the uptake.
I did a search because I was looking for one too.

I thought I had one coming from expressautoparts.com, but it was wrong when it got here.
(That's how I know the 20338 number above is wrong.)

They can be purchased from johnsperformance.com in his odds and ends section for $12.00.
He's also a good source for the lower radiator hose with the spring inside. Also very difficult to find.