Anyone know of a good extended warranty company for used autos?

AZ Vic

Heres the deal, I am buying a 2003 GMC 2500 HD duramax. The problem is it has 94k on it. I checked into their "warranty" company and I am not comfortable going with them.

It looks like new inside and out, so it was well taken care of and it was a TX truck, and we all know how far it is to get somewhere in Texas LOL

I would really like to go with a company that someone has had some dealings with. I have no problem shelling out a couple grand for one that I know will be there if something does happen.

Thanks in advance everyone,

Vic

I've dealt with Universal Underwriters many times. Pretty good people to deal with. Not sure what kind of plan you can get with 94K though.

I used " Warrantybynet.com" and it was an awesome seal ,my truck had 50K miles and I bought a 100K warranty for like $1300 so I was covered till 150K

HTH :smile:

AZ Vic said:
Heres the deal, I am buying a 2003 GMC 2500 HD duramax. The problem is it has 94k on it. I checked into their "warranty" company and I am not comfortable going with them.

It looks like new inside and out, so it was well taken care of and it was a TX truck, and we all know how far it is to get somewhere in Texas LOL

I was Service Manager at a GM Dealer for years, and 2 out of 3 times it was a hassle trying to get them to keep up their end of the bargain. The local independent shop, won't even talk to any, nowadays, because of past issues.

With all the hurricane damaged cars that are floating around, I'd be real leery of anything from down that way. Nationwide, and a few other companies are trying to get and keep the float damaged cars in storage, so they don't have all the problems with float damaged cars that get **cleaned up** and resold.

I'd be suspicious of a *cream puff* from down that way.

Thanks for the info guys.

Bandaid - they won't take a vehicle with more then 50k :frown:

Ben, I did a quick google search, is www.universalunderwriters.com the place you are referring to? It seems they are an insurance company, not an actual warranty company... did I miss it?

Bruce- Thanks for the heads up on that, I know they cover some of that stuff up... but I did not even think about it for this one until you said that. I have a pretty good eye for stuff... anything you can recommend paying particular attention too?

Can you recall any warranty companies that seemed to be better then others while you were a service manager?

Thanks!

Vic

AZ Vic said:
Bruce- Thanks for the heads up on that, I know they cover some of that stuff up... but I did not even think about it for this one until you said that. I have a pretty good eye for stuff... anything you can recommend paying particular attention too?

If the fluids look too clean would be one tip off.
If you can get to see any of the wiring that's *hiden*. The easy to get to stuff can get pressure washed and may survive, it's the less then obvious stuff that can get water in connectors, and generate electrical havic, when they start to corrode.

There is a thread about a guy that bought a flood damaged Caddie on here somewhere, and he wound up replacing about the entire electrical system.