Anyone interested in a dual feed Alky kit before i remove it?

Would be cool to see if it helps any if at all and gather data. I think it really depends on the efficiency of your current intercooler. But I would guess little to nothing unless your trying to make big power on a crap intercooler setup

I have the data to back it up. On a 1/4 mile track. It is unbelievable how much alky cools. My temps going through the traps are under ambient. I data log all my different combos with IC's. E85 and just cracking the alky on will yield strong results.

I never have alky past 1 and I get these results. I also fill my alky tank only once/twice a year.

What kinda of eta gain are you seeing from no alky and alky on e85. I would think you wouldn't see any noticeable et drop

Also what are your temps. I know you'll see the IAT drop.

Would like to see the data as it's always nice to see info and learn.

Time slips, Excell sheet or whatever you have would be great

I checked my iat in two places. One pre alky 160 at end of run. That is the one loged on this run. And post alky at the throttle body with a high low temp meter that I turned on in the staging lanes. The probe was inserted between the throttle body and up pipe. The lowest temp I got on the meter was 67 I was shooting a fair amount of alky in at that time. Temp outside was 80. 60' was 1.60 and et was 11.53 116mph.

Attachments

• 1453662331769.jpg
    1453662331769.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 42
No question it cools the IAT but will you see any noticeable Et drop using e85 and alky over straight e85. I'm guessing no

When does a cooler air charge NOT make more power?
You have to tune for the extra fuel, but I stay within the 33% window of the SD2.
Basiclly, what your doing is cooling the air charge just like with gasoline, but with a lot less alky needed. I posted my findings on the large thread about intercooler s, but I guess nobody really cared. Thats why I dont tell all my secrets, or how I do things with my car....In general....Everyone wants your secrets without having to spend the time searching, or asking. Its like a liberal internet society. Another reason I dont post logs, or suspension geometry/setup. I have tried in the past, but either, people dont listen, or they take the info and run.

TT, don't get me wrong.. I'm not saying it doesn't make more power with a cooler denser charge what I saying is a noticeable ET drop from that power.

Would I rather have a 100 deg inlet temp over a 250 deg inlet temp regardless of fuel hell yes..

I didn't have time to read the intercooler thread so you got me there.

With one of my cars I was going to keep the alky but decided to remove it for several reason.

Anyways thanks for the input

Last edited:
No problem. I try to help when i can because I have done a lot of business on this site. I feel giving some good experienced info is my way of giving back.