Anyone in Maryland?

mandersgtp

Just curious. I'm moving to Hunt Valley (just North of Baltimore) in a couple weeks and was wondering what tracks people go to around there. I'd love to see some of you guys run! I've only seen ONE GN at the track and he wasn't even around to talk to. Never did get to see him run either. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tons of MD people here.

Not me though. :(

Come up to ATCO on the 23rd in Jersey there's a ton of Buicks gonna be there and most of the board too. :D

Not me though. :(

MAGNA Buick club is out of there I think.

MIR is the big track I believe. :)

My brother lives there but he's got a Mustang and I don't talk to him much. ;)

Good luck with the new job location. :cool:

I live about 20 minutes north of Hunt Valley just over the PA line.
I go to Cecil County drag strip to race, but there are others in MD also. Contact me when you get settled in and we can hook up.:D

LIVED in Maryland

I did live in Maryland until June of last year. Was living in Eldersburg for a while.

Plenty of Maryland people here on the board. I used to go to Capitol Raceway. Capitol is down by Bowie Maryland. I also went to 75-80 Drag Strip which is located in Monrovia, MD.... head out I-70 towards Frederick. About 15 miles before Fredrick coming from Baltimore. Once again, it's not a SUPER track, but it works. Other tracks include Mason-Dixon which is near Hagerstown. Also, a bit of a haul from Baltimore but there is Budds Creek (MIR) down in southern Maryland. This is probably one of my favs. Lastly, there's Cecil County about a stones throw from the Delaware line.

There are a lot of people who you can hook up with in Maryland who I'm sure will chime in in a bit.

As for myself, I'll be living here in Germany for a while to come, but I plan on moving back there in a few years. I should be back in August for a visit if you want to hook up then. Hopefully by then you'll have found all the TR people.

I live in Northern MD near DE line. I go to Cecil County Dragway. Nice track that alot of people get good times at. It's like 40 min. north of Balt. off of I-95. Give me a ring if you ever want to hook up. You might be interested in joining our Buick Club MAGNA for people in the area. :D Frank

Thanks guys!:cool: Seems as if there are a lot of guys out that way. Knowing people where you're moving to (even if you've never met them, lol) makes moving across the country a lot better to deal with and definitely not as scary. I look forward to meeting everyone!

im from maryland. always in hunt valley all my friends live there. cecil county dragway is the usual track for us. it's about an hour away from hunt valley. the website is www.cecilcountydragway.com. it's a pretty nice little track but it's in the middle of no where. ill be running my gn up there alot this year hope to see you there. if you see a young kid with a gn and anderson on the rear windows just come up and say hi i wouldn't mind showing u around the track.
ryan

Hunt valley is a great place to live in Md.I grew up in that area.I was just past there late yesterday up near the Hereford Zone.You'll understand that term next winter ;)

Hereford zone!!

LOL,

"We have schools open in Baltimore City and Baltimore County EXCEPT the HEREFORD ZONE!!!

75/80 Dragway is about 60 mins from you it's a small track but is always a lot of fun.

http://www.7580dragway.com/

Mason Dixon is probably another 20 mins past 75/80 it's a little nicer than 75/80 and not as busy.

http://www.masondixondragway.com/

Stopped by and watched a little test and Tune yesterday at Mason Dixon had the GN but want to do some spring cleaning before I take it to the track. Shoot me an email if your interested in going to either track, Friday nights at 75/80 are always great, good people, good beer and plenty of good racing.

Whoa! WAY too many choices in tracks for me! Around here I either went to Tri-States in Iowa or Byron, IL...seems like I'll be quite busy this summer!

So, what's this "HEREFORD Zone" thing? I'm curious now. I'm not sure if this makes a real difference in times to tracks or anything, but I'll actually be in Sparks, just North of Hunt Valley. I'll make sure to keep my eyes peeled as to when y'all are goin' to the tracks.

And everyone told me East Coast guys were jerks:p

I grew up in the Hereford Zone My grandparents had a 35 acre farm up there.Sparks will get 3" hereford zone will get 10" of snow.Were not kiding all schools in the county will be open & hereford zone schools are closed.