Anyone heard of the Power Raptor Stall Converter (PATC)? 10/12 2600 stall ---

alwayscode390

I just stumbled on a torque converter that I have had for a few years sitting in a box.

Its a Power Raptor 10/12 built by PATC .

It is a 10 inch converter, with a 12 inch lock-up carbon fiber clutch ... rated up to 700 horsepower.

It is a 2600 stall, and has a torque multiplication rate of 2 1/2.

Fits 27 spline input shaft transmissions (200r4)

I will be running a te44 with a precision hotside, ported irons, a custom cam close to the 206/206 roller with 1.6 rocker, a duttneck intercooler, and a 3" dp and full exhaust.

I want a quick spool , but for it to be comfortable on the street. The car will only see the track a couple times a year.

The transmission will be stock (unless you can recommend a good mod to do while I am under there).

Will this work good with mysetup ... or have you heard of people using these converters with good OR bad results?

http://transmissiontechnologies.com/the-original-power-raptor-lock-up-stall-converter.aspx

Thanks
icon_smile.gif
---

I have never heard of these guys, however I am not saying they are bad.
Is there a reason to not use a supporting vendor's products?
Dusty Bradford is the Buick PTC guy and several other support vendor sell PTC as well.
I have had a PTC 10inch LU in my car for about 4 years with no problems in my driver.

The 10/12 is similar to the 9x11 also sold for the turbo Buicks. I can't speak for the internals but if built right it will work well with the TE-44. Alot of the converters with the large back half's don't stall as high as advertised so it may not stall 2600 but it can be close. If it truely stalls 2600 it will work well.