anyone have pics of trunk setups

Xtant Regal:

what kind of rims are those on your TR? They look sweet!!!

trunk pic

This aint a Buick but it is similar. Just got done with this one a few days ago. Gonna do my T similar.
trunk pic

My old trunk setup took up all of my trunk much like yours. I had two amps, and a 2.22 ft^3 per sub box for my vegas. My new setup has 2 12" JL's on the shelf and amps in the floor. Looking at my pics, if you space them out correctly and depending on what size they are. I believe you could fit 3 subs on the shelf.

zam70 ,that looks like a lot a board cutting,how is the sound quality?
87gnblackdemon,i was thinking of an off the shelf box and just stuff it there and mount an amp next to it where my amps are now.
im low on $$$,so i cant get really customized where it will
cost more.

It sounds GREAT, but, you've got to seal the wave forward. The finish panel on the back of the subbox is the sealing panel (as well as a finish panel). If you don't seal it forward, it won't sound so right. If you don't want to seal it forward, face it backwards.

The box was alot of pieces. I was very particular on how and where it fit so I shaped around everything. Used all scrap wood (hence all the different colors on the raw box) and cut as needed but the end cost was close to zero.

Those are some nice looking setups, i just completed the fresh install of 2 12's in my old custom 10" sealed box firing forward, plus a sub floor made of lexan and welded alum framework with PPI amps

Still not totaly satisfied,( i think sealing it to the seatback will help ) but I can get all my race gear in the trunk for a trip to the track, retained the 6X9 deck speakers too.
Need to solid mount it soon.
I used mil-spec rubber sheeting under all components to keep the rattles down and lessen movement.

1ast trip to the track I pulled a 1.8 60 and found the sub box had slid all the way out of the rear deck, may be a new traction secret !!

Next move is the mount the battery in the trunk then go to the gas shock setup for the hinges.

Sorry no pics yet, still old school on the photos.

And darkfab..Keith must be payng you wayyyy too much.

Whats is the best setup on that ???

How about saving all that trunk space and placing "8 subs on each of the rear passenger armrest area. I read of one person who has done this by removing the cloth panel there.

The details where sketchy though. I will one day check that area out for fitment.

Actually looks like that would work, I may try it on my 86 GN, you would need to cut the panel behind the cloth.

I'm still in the collecting componants/planning stage of my setup. I am worried about fastening all the parts to the car. Do most of you drill the floor to mount the wood. My setup will have 4 8" Jl's on the shelf facing the back. Then i plan on having a false floor with the amps inside under plexi. I'm not sure how to do the side panels yet but the one on the left i want to have a little compartment for stuff and the right side i want it to go behind the spare cause i want to show my spare olds rally. I'm leary about drilling holes in the floor. I may just take it a pro cause its looking like more work than i thought and i'm impatient.

since you will have a false floor ( much like mine ) screw the side panels to it on the bottom, then use velcro for the sides.
I left out my spare but kept the jack setup "just in case "

you can do this at home, most pro shops have not impressed me with detail, unless it is very high end = high dollar

Ill have pics soon, but when i first got my system, i had a box with 2 12's in the trunk, and iut sounded like poop. So i had them build a custom board thats supports 4 12's, bolted to each other in pair. As of now I know its old tech, since i had it done in 97, but it still sounds really nice.

http://www.geocities.com/greyttype86/misc

FINALLY carpeted it yesterday, after being unfinished for oh, about 4 years! I know its not great, but it works for now. Im not happy with the trunk carpet color vs the speaker box carpet. They appeared the same, but are slightly different. I will redo it sometime soon. The only thing Im having trouble with is making a "false" floor for it and figuring out a way to trim the speaker box all the way across like some of you guys have done......only with holes for the trunk hinges.

In case you were wondering, that box is a 3 chambered sealed enclosure, and yes, it clears the 6x9s. It was a PITA to build, but it was worth it. Funny thing is that it was originally designed for my old 88 Monte SS, fits right in the Regal though.:)

Subs are old Rockford Fosgate Punch DVC 10s. Amp pushing them is a Punch 200ix, bridged, subs wired to a 2.66 ohm load. Rear speakers are Boston Rally by9s, with a Punch 40x2 pushing them. Door speakers are 4" PPIs (beats the hell out of the stockers). Dash speakers are stock 3.5s, (I know I know). Deck is Rockford Fosgate MP3/CD player, seems to work well. Used to have a really nice Alpine, but it got stolen with all of my CDs, thus the MP3 player. I also have a 1 farat capacitor, have no idea, why, but it seemed like a good idea at the time! Anyway, its getting there, I would like some tips on the "false" trunk floor. HTH

PS-hit 127 DBs, surpisingly. Its not terribly loud, but it gets your attention......the 10s are pretty tight. I used to have 15s in all my other cars, I like the 10s better.

Looks pretty clean Neil, I just recently took some pics of my trunk, in it's unfinished state, with the box rear firing. I will turn it back around again now that I have sound tested it, too muddy and I don't like the trunk buzzing, My false floor is welded aluminum channel and 3/8" lexan, kind of an amp holder plus storage.

E-mail direct and I will shoot you some pics.

Alpine 1.5 din head unit, Infinity Kappa dash speakers, 5.25" PPI components in the doors, Pioneer nickle coated 6x9 in the deck with 2 12" Kenwood subs in sealed box, PPI 250 in stereo for the subs and a PPI 4x50 running the other 6

I'm in the middle of doing my stuff now finally. I plan on going with 2 12's. I plan on using either Audiobahn Alum12Q's, Eclipse aluminum or titanium 12's, or maybe a pair of the JL 12W7's. Probably either of the first two since I plan on the box only being 1 to 1.25 cu. ft. interior volume per sub. I want this thing to not stick out like a sore thumb so I plan on having it sit up on the ledge also.
As far as the rear 4X10 speakers go I took mine out a long time ago after I put my temporary setup in. Man, what a difference in the amount of bass that came into the car! I just left it like that because of that fact but it also has the added benefit of not pulling the soundstage back.
I appreciate the pics also.