anyone have inlet dimensions on Hooker exh. sys.?

at7we2

does anyone happen to know (or be willing to go measure) the inlet dimensions (height and width of oval) on the Hooker cat-back exhaust system for turbo Regals?

Thanks,
Rob

I should have been more specific....

sorry, I should have been more specific....

I want to know the dimensions of the inlet at the Y-pipe where it bolts to the cat/test pipe. not the dimensions of the flange, but the dimensions of the oval shaped opening in the flange.

thanks,
Rob

I don't know if this will help you or not, but I have a 3" catalytic converter here that I use for emissions testing which bolts to my Hooker system flange, the oval part of the flange on the cat that meets the hooker flange measures 4 1/4" length wise and 3 1/8" in height.(This is the oval opening of the cat)

i'll measure when i get home, i got the test pipe that comes with the kit sittin on the bench. are you looking to buy one? let me know i been thining of going with a single shot.

yup i got same deminsions

ok, that's the info. I was looking for - Thanks guys! and yes, I'm in the market for an exhaust system. If I had the $$ I'd jump on the GN1 3" system, but my budget limits my options to either the Hooker system or the Pypes system. I've talked to the guys at Pypes and they said the inlet on their system is the same size as the stock Y-pipe inlet. This is really too small if you're running an aftermarket DP that's 3" or larger.

From the information you guys have posted, it sounds like the Y-pipe inlet on the Hooker system is the same size as the Pypes system (both same size as the stock Y-pipe). Kind of a bummer there.

I had installed an ATR dual 2 1/2" system on my previous GN and WOW! what a beautiful exhaust system! Perfect fit, used the stock hangers, sounded great and had a nice big inlet on the Y-pipe. The inlet matched the Terry Houston testpipe almost perfectly.

Instro84 - I'm in the market, but I was planning to order a new system. What do you have and how much do you want for it?

Thanks!
Rob

i have the gbody down pipe and hooker cat back and the oval opening matches up perfectly. dp is 3 inch and cat back is 2.5.

the hooker kit comes with a test pipe that bolts to the cat back and clamps to the dp.

Whatever the diminsions were, it was small! I created my own y-pipe setup going from a 3.5" dp to a 3.5" cutout to the 2.5" dual Hooker setup. Not hard, just took some time. :cool: