anyone have good luck with these intercoolers?

what coolers are you talking about ?there are many diff kinds of coolers and most work better than stock.

The intercooler I am talking about is a front mount that S&S Auto sells. You have to fab your own piping but the cooler seems really nice for the money.

If you click on the e-bay link there is still a picture of it

I have been watching these coolers on e-bay they do look nice .And according to the flow rates of some of them will work .but becarefull they all look about the same .so make sure you bid on one that will hold at least 35 psi and flow over 1000 cfm .i have been wanting to buy one myself .it would work just some fabricating the tubes .but for the price you cant beat it as long as they dont leak .so if you do try one let me know how it does .but like i said just ck boost and cfm ratings. :D

Have that exact one in may garage ,waiting to go in...
I won with a bid of like $114 so check all they have listed ,some are buy it now for $160,,alos you need to be home to sign for it ,,signature required.....
Dennis :smile:

So a certain degree it's about frontal area. You want to expose as much as the fins to fresh air as possible. A 24x24x1.5" core would be alot more effective at the top end of the track then a 24x12x3. So the larger the better in that respect. 24x12, also means the end tanks will be blocking the air going to the radiator.

Not to mention that you're going to spend a few bucks in making up mounts, hoses, and fair amount of time. I really hated to spend as much as I did on my Cotton's but I just couldn't find anything that was as well designed, and available.

If being cost effective is your main concern, then you might think of Razor's Alky kit.

Thanks for the replies! I went ahead and bought one and it should be here any day. I am already spraying alcohol so I am just hoping this will be less restrictive and flow more than the stock intercooler, if it helps a little with the transitional knock that would be great to. If I ever get the car to the track I will post some numbers.

hey when you get that installed, i would like to see pics ,and let me know how well it works .i am interested myself because for the price you cant beat it if they work.also let me know how much $ you have in piping .i am on a tight budgett w/2 kids and a wife .plus i work for ford motor co .and they dont pay worth a crap .well let me know i will appreciate it .good luck and have fun