Anyone have experiance with Nordskog Products? Making custom dash.

1QuikV6

http://www.intellitronix.com/digfact2.html

The packages that you can build are awesome. You can basically convert your dash into something completely digital. They seem to have everything including boost.

Has anyone used their products? Just wondering how accurate they are.

The universal kit is pricey but the possibilities seem to be endless when it comes to making a dash to your liking. I have the digi dash but would love to make it more functional by cleaning up my gauges in the car and placing them together in a nice and neat package.

http://www.intellitronix.com/streetrd.html

Check out the site gang and let me know what you think.

BTW, I'm not affiliated with the company in any way. Just excited about the possibility of making a custom dash.

~Rob

I have many questions.
I have the Cyberdyne digital dash & am pleased with it. I also have Cyberdyne digital fuel pressure gauge, it impresses me to be slow in taking it's readings & often will read low even though my o2's are over 800.
The cyberdyne dash puts everything in the original cluster & looks stock.
The items I'd like to add are:
O2 voltage
KR
Fuel pressure
EGT
Call back of boost pressure
Callback of EGT
Callback of fuel pressure - the separate 2 1/4" gauge has that.
Callback of o2 voltage

I do have a Scanmaster & would like it incorporated in the dash cluster.

Roger, I also want to incorporate my scanmaster into the dash. Did you notice that the dashes will recall highest speed, 1/4 mile ET and 0-60 time? They also have a lifetime warranty :eek:
And the company has been around since 1968.

I'm going to give them a call on Monday and see what it would cost to piece together a digi dash with all the trimmings.

Guys I would be cautious about this dash. These kits look very similar to the kits made by Dakota Digital.

I bought one for my Dad 5 years ago. They could never get the instruments to last. The water temp guage would never work right.

The wiring and installation took a LOT of time. It was a big PITA.

Nordskog may be different, I dont know, just make sure and ask the questions.

My 2 cents worth.

I also noticed a dash at JC Wittney(sic) that looks like their basic dash for $299.99

I'll give 'em a call and see what's up.

Hi Guys,
I got one of the first Cyberdyne digital dashes many years ago. It had problems and the factory changed it out at no charge three times. The last one from them was before the name changed, which was about four years ago. This dash has been working fine so far.
The main problem with the dash was the odometer would reset itself when ever it wanted to. Everthing else worked fine. The digital boost required a three bar MAP unit if you wanted to read boost over 15# accuracy.
Another problem was you couldn't adjust the brightness of the dash at night but you get use to it or I did.
Summit use to carry them at $299.

Gary :)

Unless JC Whitney just stole thier picture for another brand dash, then it is the same one. They don't offer all of the dashes though, and I don't think they list the different colors either. (Not sure, can't find my catalog right now) I bought thier digital fuel level gauge, and it was a Cyberdyne unit. Haven't installed it yet though.

Brian

Any idea if Cyberdyne and Nordskog are related in any way? Are those Nordskog pieces in the Cyberdyne dashes?

Does anyone know if you can still buy the Cyberdyne dashes? I wouldn't mind modifying one.

Digital

I've had a cyberdine unit in my GN for three years. The ony problem I've had is with the fuel guage. It has never worked properly and I haven't had much luck with the company I bought it from (BGC).
Another problem is all the read-outs are in red. So it doesn't match the rear window defogger switch, transmission/console, radio or HVAC switch plate.
The last problem (mention previously) is not being able to dim the light intensity.:cool:

I agree with the complaint about not being able to dim the Cyberdyne dash, but you get used to it.
The fuel level problem is most likely the tank sender unit. Another TR owner put a post in about 2 weeks ago & mentioned he was able to rebuild the tank sender unit with some success.

Instrument cluster

Just my experience here.... I think the GNX style cluster of gauges help to maintain that original look. I purchased an 8 gauge GNX style cluster from www.performanceinstruments.com Tom Houser is his name and you get quality VDO gauges. I have oil press,water temp,fuel level,volt,0 to 160 electronic programmable speedo, Tach, Boost ,and a knock gauge. All for less than the do-it yourself kit on that website. $1099.00. If you are gonna spend that much as I did... Get a dash proven to fit with the package you want and stay away from LED gauges . Just my opinion.:cool:

TC86GN, I do like the GNX style clusters they sell. At one time, I considered purchasing a dash from them. But, I have a digi dash now and really like the digital display. Just want more functions to it, and the Nordskog setups looked like it was the ticket.

I'm gunna try and give them a call tomorrow and see if what they have to offer is really what I'm looking for.

For those of you with the Cyberdyne unit. Would you mind posting some pics either here or e-mail them to me? I would really appreciate it. Thanks to all who have posted.