Anyone have a nice zero turn mower? like it and why?

RUQWKNF27

Gonna start shopping tomorrow. And choices I have are. SCAG///Dixie Choper//Gravely//Grasshopper//Bad Boy//John Derre//

I personally like the Dixie Chopper although ts not that pretty! Friend has one and swears buy it.

I have another friend that has a Kubota but those are way expensive. I want to stay around 6-7500!

How big an area will you be mowing? I'm kind of biased as I used to sell Gravely. You might add Bobcat, Great Dane and Exmark to the list as they are quality makes as well. Do you want to do things other than mow(Pull a cart, blow snow, gardening tasks...)?

How big an area will you be mowing? I'm kind of biased as I used to sell Gravely. You might add Bobcat, Great Dane and Exmark to the list as they are quality makes as well. Do you want to do things other than mow(Pull a cart, blow snow, gardening tasks...)?

I will be towing a cart sometimes and thats about it for towing. I have 2 acres. I looked @ the Gravely's and they are nice but for the cost compard to other brands you get more HP with others compared to the gravely. I like Gravely too there was a old Model 810 we had for like 27 yrs.

I am kinda leaning toward the Dixie Chopper! I like the Bad Boy also but don't know anything besides them from looking @ them.

Guess I could try consumer reports to see what they have to say about all these models.

HP isn't everything when it comes to mowers. That 810 was "only" 10 hp and look what it could do. I run a Commercial 12 walk behind and it has plenty of power to run a 50" deck through some pretty thick turf. I'm working on an 8128 that is "only" 12 hp and I'm sure it will power the 50" deck.(Like I said i'm kind of biased.) These are older cast iron Kohler engines and I think they are great but due to the emissions requirements they are no longer produced. I like Kawasaki if I was looking for new. The v twins even have a lope like a harley.

Look at how thick the deck steel is. You will run it into things. Which wheel motors are they using and what pump(s) are they powering the motors with. How about the deck spindles. Easily servicable. How much to rebuild/replace. How hard will the labor be.

Is the dealer close and does he stock these parts as well as the filters and blades? Is he easy to get along with? Does he provide pick up/delivery service if you don't plan on serviceing the unit yourself? This isn't a push mower you can throw into the trunk.

All these should be figured in as I would want this to be the last mower I bought. Amortize the cost over ten or so years to figure the real cost of owning the mower.

I've had a 50" Dixie Coatesville Classic with a 20 hp for 3 years now and I love it.I can cut a little over 2 acres in about 40 mins. It is not the prettiest thing to look at but maintenance is simple and it does a nice job.

I've run both the SCAG and X-Mark when I was helping my brother-in-law get his business going a few years ago. Both did great, but it seems like there are X-Mark dealers everywhere, and very few SCAG dealers anymore. At least in this area.

K.

I ended up buying a Hustler Super Z 54" with a 25HP Kawasaki. I like it really well. It was between this and a Exmark but for th eprice and options the Hustler was a better deal.

I have a Gravely with a Kohler 17hp and 40" deck and it does a real nice job and easy to use and maintain.

Got a Kubota diesel and its been great. Use it to cut about 8 acres. Kubota can be pricey but it is the 3 kubota we have had on the farm for cutting grass and the zero turn is by far the best, most efficent. The other two being tractors with pull behind finishing mowers. Not sure on the other brands, but the zero turn has saved a good 40% of mowing time.