Anyone from SW Virginia here

JT'sV6

Remember seeing a few gn's at my local track and wondering if any were on this site??

Motor Mile Dragway.

There was an older guy who run consistant 7.4's and was wondering about his setup. I know he had methanol injection and I believe he said stock turbo but not sure.

I grew up in the area (West Virginia side) but am very familliar with the area. There were and still are a few Buicks in the area hidden up various (hollers):D

Where are you located? Ranoke/Christiansburg?

Used to do some circle track racing there back in the day! I grew up in Southern WV (deep in the holler)! Welcome to the site.

where

Grow up in southern wv, went to tazwell to shop,
Went back home as USMC recruiter, station in Princton, tazwell pulaski mercer mcdowell counties was my recruiting area

where did you come from in southern Wva? Radford was part of my area also:eek:

Have a date in Princeton when my TType is finished with it's restoration.

I live in radford but have lived in roanoke, shawsville, christiansburg, and dublin. Pretty much been in swva my entire life.

mmd is opening march 19 at 12pm for the first track day of the season. Hope to see some of you come out and see some fast turbo 6's.

Live in Coalwood,war,Yukon went to big creek High school, which they torn down a few year ago and rebuilt in Bradshaw which made no sense at all.

Still have family all through the area. Tell people about about growing up hillbilly and they think I am joking, city pool is 3ft deep cement pond, basketball court was attached to back of company store in companys maintenance shops drive way and learned to play tennis on the only fenced in area in town. two light, asphalt court would go through a can of ball every three day, not to mention tennis shoe every other week.

Was the the best of times, No group of people or culture are more loyal,honest or caring than the people of west virginia.

When did you go to Big Creek? I played football against the "Owls" several times as a "Cub" in the 80's. Yea they consolidated Iaeger and Big Creek. They had a decent team for the first year (made the state playoffs).

big creek

1973/4 jr/sr year,

military brat Dad was sent to thailand and then the pentagon in DC so mom moved back home to So.Wva, moved back from Nebraska, live in yukon 73 with uncle, 74 with parents in coalwood I found out about BC being torn down on the net. The worse part of going to big creek was Robert Turner was principle unfortunately he had been the principal when my uncles and mother had went there And he held them against me It was a blast

Left and ten years later the Marine Corps thought it would be funny to send me back, as the Marine Recruiter Lived in princeton then and wouldn't you know it Turner was still there, but then I could do no wrong.

Your not still in Ieager are you?
What do you do other than collect GN's

I'm in Charleston now managing a Building Material Supply Yard. Did 5 years Army after HS (Hood, Stuttgart, Armor Training School at Knox) then Criminal Justice Degree from WVSU. Trying to find a nice Syclone to add to the fleet.

did you enlist or should I say was your recuiter in welch or else where That por guy hated me the Welch office was the most successful office in the state till I came home When I left recruiting the Army RS CO, came to my going away party just to make sure I was leaving

Pretty much ran around the world for 19 years then got out went to work for my parent they had started a company and just couldn't get out of the gate Spent a month investigating the in and outs

Within 6 month had filled the warehouse with product and selling more products than I could produce They had a ceramic design company they made custom furniture pieces, componet for the lighting industry. Base units for neon abstract art piece. Pretty much started a couple of Business and was successful in all but got bored or went on to something else

Dispatching for Local Readymix/construction co while I remodel the front of my building going to open a kiosk mall one building with like six small service/retail shops in the same space.:cool:

Ieager wasn't my recruiting area, only had Mcdowell and Mercer counties in Wva. I haven't talked to anyone recent, but I heard most of southern Wva is just devastated with unemployement? all the mines were pretty much shut down and nothing to replace them with. Did you all get alot of snow this year Oh as far as football Did play QB beat cubs 73/74 season about the only time I think! the big win was mann that year they were undefeated could stuff the run but just plan out through their coverage.

Me and my little brother,took off after school for summer on Ten speeds riding to Nebraska to see friends hung out all summer then walked in recruiters office and said sign me up! Parents had Air Force acadamy Plans for me you know follow the fathers foot steps But gave in let me join
had the time of my life got out as a Master Sargent made it in 17 years.

As I tell all these yankees, Wva is unique and a cool place, but if you don't want to get married stay away from there that draw will get you every time

Remember seeing a few gn's at my local track and wondering if any were on this site??

Motor Mile Dragway.

There was an older guy who run consistant 7.4's and was wondering about his setup. I know he had methanol injection and I believe he said stock turbo but not sure.

From SW VA here Rural Retreat to be exact. I run Elk Creek sometimes. Maybe I'll see ya at the track.