anyone ever use a hogan custom intake on a hotir?

sides the huge hp#'s and bling bling factor i was just wondering if in conjuction with an intercooler, how the motor would respond. i know that the 85 intake sux and i was just throwing ideas around. are there any other intakes i know of the v2(not gonna find onna dose) 86/87 intake, uhh and ive seen some custom aplications. hey id spent the 2500 on the dual throttle body hookup with direct port nitrous setup. hopefully i can build myself one helluva engine. :D :D :D

You can modify the stock intake for 1/10 that price. The biggest single gain comes from porting the runners which if you have the tools you can do yourself. I ended up cutting the top off, gutting the inside to make it one big open chamber, and removing the EGR floor. The runners were welded with extra material so I could make them all straight and port to the Felpro 1200 gasket. Not sure how much gutting it and removing the EGR floor did but it seemed a little stronger up top. I have a total of $120 into my intake.

With those mods I ended up trapping 110mph at only 13psi boost due to a plugged catalytic convertor so I know the flow was there to go deep into the 11s if not faster. In fact, Lee Thompson has gone 10.70s with no intercooler and a ported stock intake.

A FM intercooler makes a huge difference on a stock hotair and even more on a modified one. For example with mine and my dad's cars having basically the same mods, my car trapped the same as his with 7psi less boost with the intercooler.