Anyone ever bought a Stainless Bolt kit on Ebay?

SuperSix

Flaccid Member
I see these from time to time on there. Price seems reasonable - has anyone ever bought one and used it?

TIA
Mark

Boardmember "Intercooler" was instrumental in getting that special SS 3.8 Turbo package put together!

HTH :)

I got one for my tpi set up on my 82 suburban. All bolts where the right length. SS bolts become expensive very quickly when you start buying the one at a time. I think they are a good value.

Originally posted by Two Lane
Boardmember "Intercooler" was instrumental in getting that special SS 3.8 Turbo package put together!

HTH :)

Does he sell them? I'll have to ask him! :D

Thanks for the replies

I don't sell them. I helped Blair with all the PDF's and dimensions to put the kits together. I have them in both my motors (one 14 bolt and one 20 bolt). Well worth it.

if it is the same guy I bought them on ebay from it isnt a great kit at all, HE sells them once awhile on ebay. Problems with the kit for the GN:
Valve covers bolts are NOT the right ones, you cant connect the driver side harness to it or the wastegate selinoid, they arent studs.
The large stud on the water pump isnt in there and the 2 studs for the intercooler brackets. He gives you reg bolts instead. I wasnt happy at al. I used about half the kit oinly, I dont want my driver side harness hanging or my selinoid not mounted.
\Just talking from experience,

Ralph

Originally posted by gnfanatic
if it is the same guy I bought them on ebay from it isnt a great kit at all, HE sells them once awhile on ebay. Problems with the kit for the GN:
Valve covers bolts are NOT the right ones, you cant connect the driver side harness to it or the wastegate selinoid, they arent studs.
The large stud on the water pump isnt in there and the 2 studs for the intercooler brackets. He gives you reg bolts instead. I wasnt happy at al. I used about half the kit oinly, I dont want my driver side harness hanging or my selinoid not mounted.
\Just talking from experience,

Ralph
Did you happen to ask or tell him what you needed? There are so many different setups out there now that a standard fit-all kit wouldn't exist. Blair said he has never gotten a complaint and would have sent you "ANY" of the ones you needed to complete your setup. He can't read minds though so you have to tell him and also have the exact specs of the pieces you need. Give him the specs and he will take care of you. If not let me know and I will speak to him on your behalf but he is a good person.

Here is his number so you can discuss it mono e mono: 1-940-224-4529

I e-mailed him with this info. Please post back when he takes care of you. I have two complete motors with his kits including the one I have in my car now with no problems. I run the Champion valve covers which take different bolts regardless. Didn't have a problem with either water pump. If it exists, lets figure it out. HTH

thats very kind of you intercooler. the reason I didnt email was that I bought won the bid for a "Buick Grand National SS bolt kit". I didnt think of emailing me and requesting for diff types. BUT I did email him to tell him about the bolts. He said to return the kit for a full refund. At that time I already used about half of it, I didnt want to send him used bolts!
thanks again
Ralph

bolts

Hi,
Stick with ARP, more money , but you can count on them. Customer relations are very friendly, and the quality is there. So what if you have to pay $150 for bolts out of the $2000(or more) invested in rebuilding a motor? Good luck.

Dale

I got all new ss ALLEN headd bolts from Mcmaster.com/ They have everything. It loks killer. No more rust or faded black.

Ralph