Anyone else into VW Rails?

v8eater

I'm $oooo broke..
Just in case I manage to screw up post pictures you can go to my host site.
http://community.webshots.com/user/soloman102

This is a picture of it right after I drug it out of the woods.
57134094IfRsWX_ph.jpg

These two are recent pictures at the 10th Annual Ms Gulf Coast VW Show in which I took 1st place out of 10 other rails that were there.
132474746CbpaDz_ph.jpg

132475479eoTWdT_ph.jpg

Considering what I had to start with I don't think I did too bad. I will be building another rail this winter. Didn't know they could be so much fun, or I would have done some things a little different.

Thanks James L.

I love to have one of them

my dad had a dune buggy when I was real young all I remember about it was I always wanted to ride in it ...I wouldnt mind having a dune buggy or a rail either way it would be a fun toy

Buddy of mine had a Chenoweth (sp?) rail in the late 80's. With the hand brakes and stuff it was a ball to drive but we couldn't keep a transaxle in it. "Q" Buckshots on the back didn't help;)
It looked a lot like your "finished" photos, thought it might be the same one at first!

Where on the Coast are you? I'm in Gautier. Work in Pascagoula.

Wanna buy some VW stuff?

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
I love to have one of them

my dad had a dune buggy when I was real young all I remember about it was I always wanted to ride in it ...I wouldnt mind having a dune buggy or a rail either way it would be a fun toy

Im selling all my VW stuff Red. All tube Rail....2 Dual port engines,1 single port engine,2 bug parts cars,bus trans,etc etc etc

1st $2000 gets everything.

Russ:cool:

P.S...Maybe I should keep something with a cage around me after the Harley accident....ha ha

Hey Richard. I now live in Kiln(Brett Farve Country), but used to live in Gulfport.

I replaced the Transaxle last year at the end of the summer and hope to get this one to last all summer. This winter I'm gonna build another buggy using a VW bus trans with Reduction boxes. That way I can turn a taller and wider Tractor tire. Yes I did say Tractor tire:) . Lots of mud where we ride.

Do you have a 4wheeler? We're planing a trip to Red Creek around the end of May if your interested. Lot of mud there too,
check out their website: redcreekoffroad.com

Later James L.