Anyone else had enough of the way cops are being treated these days

So, is it every where you go, cops suck? maybe its you. I am talking about the current state of affairs. criminals point a gun and get shot, try to run over officers and get shot ect. and people have the audacity to protest whaaat?

87chriss- i have lived most of my life in miami, i left for three years to join the military. I was born in jackson memorial, i was raised in allapattah, went to jackson high school. I think you get at least a picture as to where and how i was raised. Guess what, never had a run in with the law. I never had a chance to see any cockiness, arrogance, crooked cops. Were/are there any? Probably. Unfortunately, in every profession/job, there are. If you have had run-ins with the law, chances are you were up to no good or were with people who were up to no good. I am sorry about your friend. He is not here to defend himself so i wont go there. I will only say, if an off-duty officer shot your friend, that means that your friend may have not known he was a cop. I would imagine that the officer was in civilian clothes. People tend to act a little tougher when no uniform is present. There has to be more to that story but i'll leave it there. Miami can be rough, i know, i live here. If you look to do wrong, or if you associate yourself with people who do wrong, or you live in a neighborhood where people tend to do wrong, chances are you might get stopped or pulled over. Its the nature of the beast bud. First thing i did was move the heck out of allapattah. I am a police officer in dade county. I treat everyone with respect. If i stop you, its for a reason. If i am dealing with you for a lawful reason and you suck your teeth at me or you walk away or pull away, you will deal with me and it wont go well. You respect me, i will respect you, i will explain why i am there and why i stopped you once i know you are unarmed. If its an attitude from the get go, its going down hill quick cause you know who i am, i dont know who you are and we both want to go home in one piece. There are people, like yourself, that will never know why/how we do things or the attitudes we have. It comes with dealing with so many criminals,assholes,know it all's, critics on a routine basis and everyone pays our salaries. Funny thing is, most of them receive money that i and the rest of working america pay for them to stay home and do nothing. Some people do need welfare/wic, and everything else, i understand that, its the freeloaders that i have a problem with. Its an entitlement society right now. If you are gainfully employed, you are paying others to stay home. Are there some bad apples or guys who take the badge a little too far, yes. I agree. But that should not represent the police officers. If you live in an area that is crime ridden, chances are you are going to be at least watched. If you have a fast car and drive like an asshole in your neighborhood, you are going to get stopped. Is my job always fighting crime? No, we all take breaks no matter where we work. If people knew how many laws there are that we can take people to jail for and don't, you would say that we are good guys. If people knew the amount of traffic statutes we could give tickets for and don't, you would think we are great guys. If a cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket, he's an asshole, if he gives you a break, he was one of the good ones. So should we never give tickets? Stop people for criminal infractions? Stop people from selli g dope? No? Then you would say that we do nothing all day. If we do give tickets and arrest people, then we are assholes. We are a necessary evil. Bottom line. Evil, i hope you read this also. Not trying to change your minds cause i know it wont but i thought i would put my 2 cents in here. At the end of the day, we are the only police you/we have. Sometimes we can be arrogant, assholes, friendly, polite...etc, but if the shit hits the fan, wether it be in your neighborhood or if god forbid, a terrorist attack happens here, rest assured, we have your back. Rant over.

Dragrazor. Well said

Remember also, when people say they pay your salary, it's not by choice. Stay safe out there.

That goes for all the cops on here. It's a trying time for you all. Keep your heads up. 5% of the people out there are getting 100% of the attention. The rest of us have your backs.

Using a vehicle as a deadly weapon = justified use of deadly force by the police. Nuff said. There are plenty of good cops out there. Unfortunately the bad ones stick in people's minds. I see plenty of good stories about cops savings the day but then a story comes up about a cop arresting teen college girls and making deals if they pose nude ruins it. Shootings just ratchet up the hype. Bottom line as far as shootings go, not many getting shot are angels.

Last edited:
87chriss- i have lived most of my life in miami, i left for three years to join the military. I was born in jackson memorial, i was raised in allapattah, went to jackson high school. I think you get at least a picture as to where and how i was raised. Guess what, never had a run in with the law. I never had a chance to see any cockiness, arrogance, crooked cops. Were/are there any? Probably. Unfortunately, in every profession/job, there are. If you have had run-ins with the law, chances are you were up to no good or were with people who were up to no good. I am sorry about your friend. He is not here to defend himself so i wont go there. I will only say, if an off-duty officer shot your friend, that means that your friend may have not known he was a cop. I would imagine that the officer was in civilian clothes. People tend to act a little tougher when no uniform is present. There has to be more to that story but i'll leave it there. Miami can be rough, i know, i live here. If you look to do wrong, or if you associate yourself with people who do wrong, or you live in a neighborhood where people tend to do wrong, chances are you might get stopped or pulled over. Its the nature of the beast bud. First thing i did was move the heck out of allapattah. I am a police officer in dade county. I treat everyone with respect. If i stop you, its for a reason. If i am dealing with you for a lawful reason and you suck your teeth at me or you walk away or pull away, you will deal with me and it wont go well. You respect me, i will respect you, i will explain why i am there and why i stopped you once i know you are unarmed. If its an attitude from the get go, its going down hill quick cause you know who i am, i dont know who you are and we both want to go home in one piece. There are people, like yourself, that will never know why/how we do things or the attitudes we have. It comes with dealing with so many criminals,assholes,know it all's, critics on a routine basis and everyone pays our salaries. Funny thing is, most of them receive money that i and the rest of working america pay for them to stay home and do nothing. Some people do need welfare/wic, and everything else, i understand that, its the freeloaders that i have a problem with. Its an entitlement society right now. If you are gainfully employed, you are paying others to stay home. Are there some bad apples or guys who take the badge a little too far, yes. I agree. But that should not represent the police officers. If you live in an area that is crime ridden, chances are you are going to be at least watched. If you have a fast car and drive like an asshole in your neighborhood, you are going to get stopped. Is my job always fighting crime? No, we all take breaks no matter where we work. If people knew how many laws there are that we can take people to jail for and don't, you would say that we are good guys. If people knew the amount of traffic statutes we could give tickets for and don't, you would think we are great guys. If a cop pulls you over and gives you a ticket, he's an asshole, if he gives you a break, he was one of the good ones. So should we never give tickets? Stop people for criminal infractions? Stop people from selli g dope? No? Then you would say that we do nothing all day. If we do give tickets and arrest people, then we are assholes. We are a necessary evil. Bottom line. Evil, i hope you read this also. Not trying to change your minds cause i know it wont but i thought i would put my 2 cents in here. At the end of the day, we are the only police you/we have. Sometimes we can be arrogant, assholes, friendly, polite...etc, but if the shit hits the fan, wether it be in your neighborhood or if god forbid, a terrorist attack happens here, rest assured, we have your back. Rant over.

I also went to Jackson and grew up a majority in Allappattah his name was Chiquitin and officer Travieso.

Good rant though well written i agree with you to a certain point.

Last edited:
It's not even about doing illegal shit. Its much more. It's about challenging an individual where you are putting their life at risk. It doesn't take a gun pointed at you to make most feel at risk for your life. If someone ran at me wielding a knife Id very likely shoot them. You can't wait to see if they were serious or not. Same goes for anyone that does the same to an officer. Imo it's like suicide. They aren't shooting to injure you either. You have all these assholes reaching into their pockets when a cop is telling them to get on the ground and put your fucking hands behind your back. It takes tenths of a second once your hand is in your pocket and pull out a gun and get a shot off. There's is no room at all for complacency. That's how good people wind up dead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe I wasn't too clear with my point. I know they put the officer in fear for his life and that is the "trigger" that resulted in the shooting. My point was that if these "angels" had not put themselves in the position of committing a crime they would not have ended their day in a morgue.

I know that unarmed people can be a threat and in fact almost anything can be a weapon if used correctly. Take a desk stapler for example. As long as it is sitting on the desk and being used properly it's not much of a threat but the minute someone picks it up and draws back to hit you with it or to throw it at you then it is a dangerous and potentially lethal weapon. Most people would not see it that way though. All they would see is "He didn't have a gun. He killed an unarmed man!"

Been to jail twice. Both for fighting. Now if you want to complain about authority those Correctional officers are a good start. F'n aholes!

Rob, not sure where you are at but most times if a person goes to jail they are dealing with county level enforcement, either the Sherriff's Detention Officers or regular patrol officers that are rotated through jail duty. If you are talking Correctional Officers those are State or Federal level prison systems. Usually people don't go to prison until after a trial and with a sentencing of at least 6 months. The difference is the jail is not under the same rules and regulations a prison is under. The jail use of force policies are dictated by the Sherriff and are a lot less regulated than government run prisons and the rules can be a lot more restrictive. The prison policies are supposedly dictated by the fact the inmates are already being punished by the restriction of their freedom and therefore have to address certain quality of life issues the jails do not have to worry about.

That being said, the corrections end of law enforcement is even more thankless than the police end. You have some movies that show police officers being the hero and saving the day although it is usually by blowing things up, shooting a lot of people, and doing a lot of other things that would put a real officer in prison. You never see a movie about prison life where the Correctional Officer is the hero. They are almost always portrayed as uneducated brutish thugs that beat inmates randomly or look the other way as the gangs fight each other. Of course since this is what society sees on the big screen it must be true, right.

Truth is correctional officers on the state level are paid less that police officers when a lot of police officers would not do a c/o's job. The c/o gets no respect thanks in part to the movies and the fact that most do not carry a firearm on duty. The public sees them as chain gang guards and security guards, not as real law enforcement even though they are trained by the same people at the same facility and certified by the same commission that certifies all levels of state law enforcement.

Police officers don't always deal with bad people. It's true a police officer does not know what he is walking into when he goes to do a traffic stop. There may be multiple armed felons in the car and it can be deadly (but he has the confidence and ability to use lethal force if necessary) or it could be a mom and her kids who just wasn't paying attention to the speed limit. Everyone a c/o deals with is a convicted felon. Murderers, rapist, assaultive people, drug dealers, gang members. None of them happy to be there and many still as involved in criminal acts as they were on the outside. Plus a c/o is normally outnumbered by 30 to 1 or more with the strongest weapon available to him is a small can of pepper spray while the inmates have the ability to turn anything into a weapon. (A battery can be made into serious cutting tool just as sharp as a razor. ) I know two c/o's that inmates have tried to kill in the last year by cutting their throats. A female Sgt. who was jumped from behind in the dining hall and a male c/o who was attacked while he was removing the restraints for an inmate to have his daily recreation period. Luckily neither inmate was successful. As far as the c/o's? Both recovered and are back to work. The male can cover his scar with a beard. The female was not so lucky and has to wear a turtle neck to cover most of hers.

Point is, yeah, there maybe some bad apples in every barrel but for the most part, law enforcement on both sides of the court system is manned by people of good moral fiber who legitimately want to do the best job possible and I find it hard to believe any of them go to work with the idea I'm going to abuse my authority today.

I could go on but then it would just become a rant.:D

I also went to Jackson and grew up a majority in Allappattah his name was Chiquitin and officer Travieso.

Good rant though well written i agree with you to a certain point.
Tried Googling and nothing came up regarding those names....

When police are held to the same accountability as a normal person, maybe they can earn some respect . till then carry on.
And what accountability is that...some examples might help.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you read about or saw on the news a story about a surgeon going to jail when a patient died on the operating table? Or the last time a district attorney went to jail for withholding exculpatory evidence? Or the last time an electrician went to jail for a house fire caused by shoddy work? Or the last time a mechanic went to jail for a car crash caused by shoddy work? Or the last time a pilot went to jail for crashing a plane, causing damage or death?

I also don't recall hearing about any of the airport security workers or their employers go to jail for their part in 9/11?

Seems there's a lot of unaccountability out there for normal persons....but guys like you only seem to zero in on one group of persons.

Something else i just thought of. These guys that badmouth cops. How many times did they get away with things and didnt get caught? Those times don't count right? So if you routinely get stopped, is it the cops fault or are there things in your life that you should consider changing. If you are a good person but were dealt a bad hand in life, i get it, but you are still a good person and opportunities are there for everyone. At the end of the day, we all get what we deserve. Hard work, education, and a mentality that no matter what, you will do the honorable thing, you will always succeed.

On a side note, People that drive donks. Well, that in itself is not bad, nor is the thought of fixing them up with big wheels and flashy paint. By owning one and driving one does not say that you are a bad person. Just a regular car guy right? Problem is perception. The perception that people have about a certain thing. In this case, donks. I can tell you that in my time, i have come across plenty of them and guess what, a very large majority of the people driving them either had pot, had a suspended drivers license, had a warrant, a gun or multiple guns held by a convicted felon, Etc. should i now say that all people that drive donks have a criminal mindset? Would that be fair? Then is it fair to say that the majority of cops are bad? Food for thought.

Last edited:

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you read about or saw on the news a story about a surgeon going to jail when a patient died on the operating table? Or the last time a district attorney went to jail for withholding exculpatory evidence? Or the last time an electrician went to jail for a house fire caused by shoddy work? Or the last time a mechanic went to jail for a car crash caused by shoddy work? Or the last time a pilot went to jail for crashing a plane, causing damage or death?

I also don't recall hearing about any of the airport security workers or their employers go to jail for their part in 9/11?

Seems there's a lot of unaccountability out there for normal persons....but guys like you only seem to zero in on one group of persons.
http://www.centralmaine.com/2014/11...hief-expected-to-plead-guilty-to-sex-assault/

Police chief sexually assaults 4 year old, only has to serve 4 years, more of the good ole boy deals of a life time, its has nothing to do with failing to do there job, its pure evil, and they continue to get special treatment.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_25754803/san-jose-cop-accused-rape-faces-new-charge

Another pos predator allowed out on low bail to harm new victims, why? because of his magic blue suit, like I said 0 accountability, respect has to be earned.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/child-molesting-cops-treated-corrupt-police-state/

30 days for sodomizing a minor, once again special treatment.

I could go on all day, want me to continue?

if a electrician , mechanic , or airport worker raped a 4 year old, they would die in prison, but its ok for the chief, thank god the kids complied to authority right?

...and every single one of those protesters will call who when they are in need of help?
Speak for yourself, the cops 99 percent of the time make it worse, and dont give a shit about saving anybody, I could post numerous examples of there cowardice, more likely then them helping you, expect some do gooder neighbor to call 911 because your yelling at your child about bad grades, or whatever, and the cops show up and kill one of you.