Anyone else get Historic tags yet?

ttafan

Went and got my Historic tags this week. No more Emission notices! One less headache.:biggrin:

what exactly is

a Historic Tag?? here we have antique tags at 25 years old-$25 dollars and never buy another tag BIG SMILE

Oops, Sorry bout the double post. I don't know what a collector plate is? Is it different from a classic plate?

I don't believe so, I was doing the paper work for Pa Plates, before transferring colleges. I think the only difference is the name on the plate, and the color is the same though.

They changed the regs in Massachusetts in Oct 2008. Any car 1995 and older is emission exempt! Still the same $29 bucks as it was before but no emission test is a blessing for modified cars. Those dyno emission tests were tough. Yipee!!

a Historic Tag?? here we have antique tags at 25 years old-$25 dollars and never buy another tag BIG SMILE

Here in Maryland, Historic tags are 20 years. Antique tags are 60 years.:eek: I think the only restrictions are that your not supposed to use the vehicle as your daily driver.:biggrin:

I have always had "Classic" tags, it stays with the person too should you ever sell the car. I've moved my current classic tag for the third time. One time registration fee (unless a transfer) and NO emissions check!

There are,in PA, some driving restrictions associated with special tags but you'd have to come across a real prick of a cop to write you for that kind of summary offense.

Here in Michigan it is 25 years. I plan to get the plate when the 87 turns 25.

It also removes $135.00 off your insurance :)

In Wisconsin it's 20 years old for collector plates. You can't drive it in the month of Jan. and you must have a second car registerd. All this for only $200.

Went and got my Historic tags this week. No more Emission notices! One less headache.:biggrin:

Hey Trent...I turned my tags in the end of November just a day before my emission test was due :biggrin: My car has been off the road since beginning of Nov. so no loss. As of Jan 1 I can get my Historic tags any day now...no real hurry but will probably get them in the next couple weeks...already have them on the '87 Turbo Fiero ;)

Scott