Anyone add Ford ends to a 10 bolt housing???

We have many customers who have gone with the weld on ends for their 8.5 rear ends... I know you didn't mention going with a big disc brake kit but for some extra info if nothing else. If one just goes with C-Clip eliminator axles BAER brake kits will not work because the axles are pushed outward a bit and therefore the BAER brake kits will not work. BAER is now working on a brake kit for the C-Clip eliminator axles... The weld on ends is a good way to go for several reasons.
1) The 8.5 is Less weight than a 9" rear end
2) BAER disc brake kits will mount up just fine if desired
3) Depending on the parts purchased for the 8.5 build, it's usually cheaper than the 9"

You also forgot that the 9" also has more drag on the driveline Scott. It takes more power to use it than the 8.5 so in high HP apps it is stronger and will hold up better but it takes a little more power.;)

I was planning on doing the same as you, (adding the 9" ends and new carrier and axles ) but the cost to mod my 8.5 was very close to what I paid for my 9". It would been cheaper if I would have been able to sell my 8.5". The only part of the original unit that didn't head to the scrap yard was the TA cover.

I asked this once in the other section and never heard a response: Does the 8.5" in the full size cars and wagons have the same control arm geometry and coil spring perches as the g body 8.5"? If by chance the only difference is the overall width, you'd want to cut up/shorten one of those for the ford 9" ends and sell your G body 8.5. Will they fit?

I asked this once in the other section and never heard a response: Does the 8.5" in the full size cars and wagons have the same control arm geometry and coil spring perches as the g body 8.5"? If by chance the only difference is the overall width, you'd want to cut up/shorten one of those for the ford 9" ends and sell your G body 8.5. Will they fit?
I could never get an answer on this. I would rather cut a full size car 8.5 then a G body, but I already bought a bare housing. Im going with my plan and am doing most of the work myself. It will end up in my build thread later in the spring or early summer. I cannot wait to see my car with 15x10 Vectors on the rear...CHROMED!!!
It will be worth whatever I have to go thru to do it.

The big issue would be the upper mounts that are cast into the center section. If you had to move the lowers inboard and/or relocate the spring perches, the argument for it's use could still be made. If you had to fabricate all the control arm points then you might as well put in a 9", or a dana 60 or even a mopar 8 3/4 for that matter. When I get my full size wagon bought for my LC2 conversion I will measure it all for grins :)