Anybody Try Putting 6.5s In The Door

Well yea, sorta. They don't go in the doors but rather on the doors. I had to fit/make big fiberglass pods onto the door panels for them to fit. Actually they really came out awesome but it wasn't an afternoon job either. I had a spare pair of lower door panels so it was not a big deal. My speakers are Focal's so they are a tad bigger than 6.5 but the extra quarter to half an inch isn't going to save you from going to the external pod. I think I would do it again. The sound is simply amazing. I don't have any pics but the weather is supposed to be decent so I may be able to get some this weekend.

Well yea, sorta. They don't go in the doors but rather on the doors. I had to fit/make big fiberglass pods onto the door panels for them to fit. Actually they really came out awesome but it wasn't an afternoon job either. I had a spare pair of lower door panels so it was not a big deal. My speakers are Focal's so they are a tad bigger than 6.5 but the extra quarter to half an inch isn't going to save you from going to the external pod. I think I would do it again. The sound is simply amazing. I don't have any pics but the weather is supposed to be decent so I may be able to get some this weekend.

pics are always cool
:)

Ugg, getting sick suks. I will get back to the garage probably Friday and try and get some pictures.

putting 6.5 speakers in car

you will have to mod the install, usually the better speakers are deeper so they interfer with the window or something else. best bet would be to expect to fabricate a mount as the 1st responder said he did. this will keep you from worrying about the back of the speaker from bumping into any internal components. you may check some aftermarket places you may find some kick panels aready cut out or ready to install and paint. hope this helps.

Weather has been really bad. Even if they are not very good I will try and get a few pics tonight. I should be able to get the door open enough to get something.

img8763.jpg

those can't be 6X9's

if they are they must be shallow style, install looks good, only thing i would say is the tweeter signal is directional so you'll really only get the true sound at the level they are mounted. that's why most tweeters come with different mounting brackets so they can be directional or what ever the case may be. i'm sure they sound good regardless. just my 02.

Here's one set. Built quite some time ago. Going to move on to some Hybrid L8's, when I rebuild the car.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 15923268.jpg
    15923268.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 15923224.jpg
    15923224.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 191
nope, they are 6.5s, the tweets are gone but the grills were just left there, has HLCDs up front now

I finally have a few pics. They aren't great but I had to take them while the car was in the garage. The only problem now is my firewall won't allow me to upload them. Can someone host them for me? Thanks.