Anybody running an aluminum rad?

FTC

Is anyone down here running an alum rad? How does it handle in our climate?my stock one just sprung a leak and looking for better cooling with a rjc front mount. Car was running about 185-190 in traffic with the stock rad. Also for those running alky where do you get meth from? I was just planning to buy a bunch of that HEET stuff from the store and using that.

Is anyone down here running an alum rad? How does it handle in our climate?my stock one just sprung a leak and looking for better cooling with a rjc front mount. Car was running about 185-190 in traffic with the stock rad. Also for those running alky where do you get meth from? I was just planning to buy a bunch of that HEET stuff from the store and using that.

Tyler,

I am looking into getting one too let me know if you find a good deal on. Check out the buick vendors and see what they got. I seen some in e-bay that looked pretty good. And if you go with a aluminum you should show a drop in temp. You getting 185-190 A/C off? I am getting about 200-210 with the A/C with my PTF FMIC.

Give me a call later.

I have a front mount intercooler with an aluminum radiator with a duel fan setup, runs between 160-180 in the summer. The radiator I'm running is from performance transmission. Duel fan setup was custom built.

Sup jackson, I saw those on eBay but I think the seller doesn't ship to Hawaii. I'm looking into the gn1 rad. It's like $385 but shipping is $75. And I think the rad support needs to be trimmed a little cause the core is 3" wide.

With a stock recored radiator and the dual fans from Ramchargers that everybody had at one time my temps are between 167 - 176 with the A/C on in stop and go traffic using RMI-25.

I'm running an F body aluminum radiator with dual Ramcharger fans. I'm seeing around 200 in traffic with the biggest RJC FM and wiath a V8 of course.

While doing the AC in the GN, of course the radiator decides to take a crap... so the F-body radiator was $130 new.... so in it goes with the fans... we'll see how it works...

While doing the AC in the GN, of course the radiator decides to take a crap... so the F-body radiator was $130 new.... so in it goes with the fans... we'll see how it works...

UPDATE: I'm impressed! 165-170 with the AC on at idle~!

Good to hear rob. Did you end up taking out the oil cooler, and did the trans cooler line fit up nicely? I might just go that route sounds a lot cheaper

Took out the engine oil cooler temporarily... I have a pair of B&M supercoolers for Oil and Trans fluids. for now, the old school trans cooler that was mounted to the crossbraces works fine... (I did not use the OE trans cooler as it is on the rear of the radiator and the TR is on the front)