Anybody know the difference between digital gauge sending unit and analog gauge sendi

6pack

T-Time
Anybody know the difference between digital dash sending unit and analog dash sendi

Was told analog would not work with digital, was told that it would, was told they were visually different. Anybody have a clue, I am totally confused:confused:

Oil pressure Sender? You have to use electric for an electric guage and mechanical for mechanical guage.

Fuel sender.........oh, well that's easy then, I don't know. sorry

I asked this exact question once before and had no replies. The only difference I can think of is that the fuel level signal is different. For example maybe the signal from a digital dash sender can't be interpreted by the analog guage and vice versa? I would think John at Caspers could prolly answer this question for you.

I'm swapping from Digital to Analog so I looked into this.

The Analog is a 90 ohm sender (standard GM) and the Digital is 120 phm sender.

Using the wrong one means it will stay on full longer or a shorter time. Since they aren't precision gauges anyway, I'll use the 120 ohm Digital sender until I can score a *reasonably* priced 90 ohm Analog sender.

Terry

6pack I should be able to answer that question in about a week. I just finishing my frame off resto and should be putting the body back on this weekend. They didn't have an nos analog so i bought a NOS digital sending unit after being told they both will work. So I guess I'm going to find out the hard way.:eek:

Terry you have mail
Are there any physical appearance differences as I was told they were obviuosly different in appearence??:D

hanger sending unit

When I bought mine from a friend at the local GM dealership I deal with. We found out that no matter if you order the analog or the digital one you end up with the same one AC delco # 25092748 . I have that one in my 87 GN and it works fine. I don't Think they make the one for the digital dash anymore. Mine is a analog dash.

John Hordych

i almost bought a new one, glad i waitied cause when i bougtht my double pumper it cam with a new one complete for 450
OJP