Anybody in GA can help with valve springs

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys im going to be replacing my valve springs pretty soon, and was just wondering if there is anybody nearby who has done it before and could help me out. Im in the athens, ga area. Will pay you for the help of course. Let me know thanks

cant get there to help, but from personal experience; if your doing it in your car (without removing the heads) pull your plugs, and go one cylinder at a time. turn the crank so that piston is down insert a bunch of string and slowly rotate the crank over to push the string up against the valves and then push on the spring retainer and remove the lock with a magnet. use the magnet to put the locks back in to prevent them from falling into the motor. Also the "L" shape spring compressor will probably be your best bet to get to each spring. good luck.

I just got a custom tool made by one of the engineers here just for valve springs. I'll probably be doing mine soon as well.

I'm in Warner Robins.

Awsome, well i did the drivers side this past weekend. Wasnt to hard, but the compressor i had wasnt the greatest for the job. Anyways it made no difference in the way the car performed so i dunno if my old ones had been replaced or not.

I searched on them and they are out of Leesburg GA which is in SW GA right above Albany. They have a site which is "interesting". :wink:

Yep, we are in Leesburg, this is not our normal cup of tea, but we are into anything cars, so we are with family here. We just have some parts to sell and found a friendly forum to try to sell them on. We mostly do lowriders, and modern muscle, but have built some killer hot rods as well. Just not a GN.

Check out the sale thread in the "sale" section if you want to read more about why we just popped up here.