Anybody have PUI Upper Door Panel fit problems??????

buickrob

Hey guys,

I just put on my PUI upper door panels and I'm having some fitment issues. It seems the the upper door panel is not sitting down all the way or something. The inner window felts are about 3/4 of an inch higher than the outer door strip up by the mirror on both sides. The back of the panels, by the outer handle, seems to fit nice. It's like they get higher and higher as they go to the mirrors. It is actually so much higher at the mirrors that you can see the inside of the panel and some staples if you are standing outside the car looking at the top of the door.

Everything lined up like the retainer clips but man this is driving me nuts. It is almost like I need to take them off, trim the bottoms and cut new holes in the cardboard for the retainers to move them up. Not something I expected to have to do at all.

Anybody else have issues like this with PUI panels?

I have the same problem.Your talking about the inside upper panels on both doors.if you are, my upper panels are abit too long from what i see on my panels. I can see my staples from the outside.I'm going to work on them this weekend when the weather warms up.We just got some snow over night and have one car garage.I'll let you know by sunday night or maybe my friday night.Did you happen to buy these panels from the state of P.A.?

Yep sounds like the same exact issue. Mine came from Ohio I believe. They look killer, might just need a trim or something. I didn't want to go cutting them before I know that is really the problem though.

Thanks!

Rob

I think the lenght (top to bottom) is to long from what i've seen on my panel, about 3/4 to an 1" to long ( top to bottom).Well go luck and tell me how you made out Always Take Your Time AND Think.I'll tell you later this week how i made out. Have great week AND Have Nice Holiday WeekEnd!!!!

I have the same problem with the set I got from a Nats vendor. On mine it looks like the stockers are more square at the top and that matches the door weather strip. The repros are more curved. They hit the weatherstrip and won't go down all the way.

Yeah I officially feel they SUCK at this point. I'm going to look for a beat up original pair and have them recovered as close to correct as I can. Can't believe everyone sells them as 99% correct and they really don't even fit.

I know this is an old post but I have the same problem with my PUI upper door panels. I got them from Mikes Montes and they look good and match. Mike said that the bottom may need to be cut down. Did anyone else ever figure out the cure?:mad:

I forget who made mine, but yeah, I had to trim mine to fit with a razor on the backside to clear the adjusters in order to fit down low enough.