Any pre-paid cell phone users?

saywin

Fletch
I need some help finding a good deal on a cell phone for emergency useage. Does anyone use these types of phones?:confused:

I used to have Tracfone service till I switched to a regular plan. For emergency use, and one in awhile use, they are probably the cheapest way to go. I even still have my old one around here. I bought one for my dad, who hardly ever uses his phone, and his has been great. The main reason I like them, is that they tell you the balance and due date for reloads right on the phone. Most others you have to call in and check. Real easy to miss a due date or run out of minutes that way. Refill cards can be bought almost anywhere for them.
I even used one as my only phone for about a year. With what little bit I used a phone (had cable internet, before digital phone) it was great.

But, take that for what its worth. I live in upstate NY, so things may or may not be the same where you live. Go on their website tracfone.com and see if they have what you're looking for. I know it sounds like an ad for them, but Im just sharing my experience. Even now, with what little bit I use mine, Ive thought about going back. Looking at the options out there, I'd go back to them.

I use Virgin Mobile (Sprint's network) for my phone.

My work will not let me expense a full cell plan but they will pay for each $20 payment for my Virgin account:)

If you don't use your phone much, it can be a good deal.
I have to spend $20 every 90 days to keep the account active.

I used to have a T-Mobile pay as you go. One of the advantages of T-Mobile is that their minutes last for 3 months. I think most others expire after 1 month if you don't use them. Once you have spent $100, they then don't expire for a whole year. If you buy small amounts and use it often, that won't matter though.