Any pontiac v8 guys?

Ryan

CEO/Founder Nakslist.com
Living overseas permanently. doesnt look good for my turbo buick future. american iron is very expensive. been looking at a 76 ventura. yes, i know..... have scaped cars like this instead of changing the plugs. but gotta work with what we got. 350/350. all stock. shipping weight will kill me. any mild mods with Light parts? bang for the buck. heads and converters are prolly to heavy. dont think i could refil a nos bottle.

If you are overseas, find a Pontiac G8 or it's original cousin, a Holden Commodore. My buddy just sold his 1000 HP twin turbocharged one. Someone else spent the money to get it built, he bought it, with a broken transmission, for pennies on the dollar, fixed it and had a blast driving it around for about a year and a half. He gave me a couple of rides and it was INCREDIBLE. They aren't too hard to find already built.

He got all his money back when he sold it.

An RV cam, headers and an aftermarket TBI would wake it up and make it efficient. No weight on any of those parts. Pontiacs run hot, make sure you have a good radiator and electric fan. It will have plenty of torque. Probably has a highway gear in it and a TH350 trans. Increase the rear end to 3.31 or something and put a shift kit in the trans.

Turbotguy. that kinda stuff is out of my price range. i would gladly pay 5k to ship a car here. the import tax would kill that idea.

John. sounds like a good start. always heard of rv cams. is it a generic term or can i call any big cam company and ask for a pontiac rv cam? FItech looks like the cheapest kit. have u heard anything on these?

Cc 260h maybe the 268h with some porting and headers.

What Pronto said. Competition Cams 260H. That's a good one. I had a 268 decades ago in an Olds 350 and it was too lumpy and poor off-idle.

RV cam is recreational vehicle cam. It is for torque, good up to about 5,000 rpm.

Summit sells 3 cams for Pontiac under Summit brand. The middle one is good street cam with 1.65 roller rockers, a little rear gear and a decent stall.