any performance turbos good for daily drivers

What up TR family. I was wondering if anyone knows of a turbo I can buy that offers more performance, but can be driven almost daily for my GN. If you could, please provide turbo info and price of the turbo.

Budget and performance goals are the biggest variables when selecting a turbo. The ta49/te44 are tried and true turbos that work with the stock converter. Anything else is up to your wallet.

GT3255 is great. If you can afford a BB, then a 6131 dual BB would be good.

I am happy with my GT3255. Spools very fast and good power too.

I have the TE-44 and one can't go wrong with that Turbo on a stock motor.For my engine it may be 2 sizes to small but it still is a blast and it hit hard especially with the PTE .63 Housing that it came with.:cool:

TA49 is an outstanding upgrade. But frankly, for a daily driver I would leave it stock. No point in putting a larger turbo in there, IMHO. The little stocker is a rocker!

well if ya have a built up motor the 67 turbos works great to.. it's all about tune and the combo :cool:

TA49 is an outstanding upgrade. But frankly, for a daily driver I would leave it stock. No point in putting a larger turbo in there, IMHO. The little stocker is a rocker!

They run good with the stock Turbo but have no power over 60mph.For a Daily Driver I would still rather have a Ta-49 or Te-44 on my car.Both of them work with the stock converter too.To me my TE-44 feels stock but it doesn't spool like the stocker probably due to my set up.:cool:

well if ya have a built up motor the 67 turbos works great to.. it's all about tune and the combo :cool:

I understand the 67 Turbo works good with a built motor but I would tather have a 6152 or 6157 Turbo.I don't think for a Daily Driver someone needs a 700 Horsepower plus Turbo on the street.:cool:

I understand the 67 Turbo works good with a built motor but I would tather have a 6152 or 6157 Turbo.I don't think for a Daily Driver someone needs a 700 Horsepower plus Turbo on the street.:cool:

just because the car has it doesn't mean you use it all the time . Melissa has raced and then continued up to the lake for the rest of the weekend .. opinions opinions :p

just because the car has it doesn't mean you use it all the time . Melissa has raced and then continued up to the lake for the rest of the weekend .. opinions opinions :p

I have talked to alot of Buick guys and they swear by the 61 Turbo as that Turbo spools fast and is a blast.Im sure the 67 is too but I like to get into boost faster especially when my car is only driven on the street.I think with my 12 inch D% even a 6151 or 6161 will have some lag because even now with my TE_44 with a .63 Garret housing it does not spool instantly or come close to lighting up the tires.I think my Racegate is affecting the spool ratte of my TE-44 though.

I have talked to alot of Buick guys and they swear by the 61 Turbo as that Turbo spools fast and is a blast.Im sure the 67 is too but I like to get into boost faster especially when my car is only driven on the street.I think with my 12 inch D% even a 6151 or 6161 will have some lag because even now with my TE_44 with a .63 Garret housing it does not spool instantly or come close to lighting up the tires.I think my Racegate is affecting the spool ratte of my TE-44 though.

You have other issues. The daily driver with a 2,800 stall and TE-44 spools like stock. Full boost hits in about 1/2 second and the drag radials can't begin to keep up.

You have other issues. The daily driver with a 2,800 stall and TE-44 spools like stock. Full boost hits in about 1/2 second and the drag radials can't begin to keep up.

I think it is the Racegate.I think a THDP is what I need.Only other thing that might hurt the spooling is the big front mount intercooler or the CNC ported race heads and ported matching intake.The only other thing would be the 009 injector's.