Any one run the 218/218 cam?

TwoLaneBlackTop

About done
I have been thinking about ditching my 202/202 cam fo a long time now and have been looking into the 218/218 for some time. I know it is a bit bigger but I am still interested in it. Who here runs this cam and has had good luck with it?

My final goal for the car is a 10.5 in my car. (car is light with No AC, Soundproofing, front swaybar, lighter wheels, alumnium heads) Mods are listed in sig and soon enough I should have a TH-350 with T brake and this 3500 stall converter in the car. I was thinking that the 202/202 would be a limiting factor and hurt my preformance.

218/218

I run one and my car has good mid and great top end. Cam is a little more noisy than stock but it sure makes up for it in performance. Cam works great but you will need at least a 3000 stall.:cool:

My 206/206 flat tappet cam took me into the 9,s ;) 30# Boost and 76 Q trim 109 block
Now i have a S1 block and unported
GN1,S with a 218/220 cam and it gets me in the 9,s with 24# boost and a 76 Q trim turbo;) My buddy Mike Price has went 10.81 on a un opened stock block so you dont need much cam:)
Just thought you might like to know our cars will go fast with small cams no matter what anybody says:) This is about the only thing me and Red Armstrong have in common;) LOL

There was someone in the past that tested three to four different cams from stock, 200/200 club cam, 210/??? and 218/218 and every time he changed he only made up about 3-5 tenths in the 1/4. It does add up. It was pretty interesting finding that out. I would say do it once and don't touch it anymore;)
Cause bigger is not always better:eek:

I have that cam. Definitely need a converter with it. I ran it for a while with a stock turbo and a D-5 and it was tough to spool the stocker. Once it got running though, killer top end. You'll like it

My current car has the 218/218, just Like BUICKTR said a little noisy but pulls great.

I have also ran a 206/206 in the car I sold. Personally I liked the 206/206 better.

I am new to this -- haven't had my GN very long. What do you guys mean by the cam is "more noisy"? Thanks

hay two lane . that TDO-7 is the same as the 25G right. I seen it once and heard nothing but good things about it but couldn't get one cause mitsubishi was selling on there own while having a contract with greddy to be exclusive with them. Once greddy found out they were selling they stoped selling unless through greddy themselves. How did you get your hands on it? i know it was a 3 bolt turbo so it fit perfectly, right? also what stall you running with it? thanks