any one in houston work on turbo buick cars still

hemi

im workin on my project in the garage and i have it all back together and it wont run. its getting fuel and spark and when i turn it over it wants to start every so often but wont. im not sure if the timimg is right i had 1 cylinder at tdc and droped cam sensor in and had it in the 25 degree angle. well im loosing hope for bringing this car back to life. if any one has a # to anyone that knows their stuff and can come look at it i would be greatful.

Ok I got it running, I redid all the timing steps,now I replaced head gaskets and had heads redone. I torqued the heads in the correct sequences bit I noticed when it started to get warmed up some water came out of the exhuast manifold. What could that be, still need to torque more on heads what, I'm about to give up and sell this thing. I like having two turbo cars, but I don't want a headache.Do I have to replace the gaskets again, has anyone ever had that issue with water coming out from getting hot. Know I do have antifreeze in it maybe I need to put more in it. I'm going to change the oil and add more anti freeze this weekend and see if it still does it.

Update

Ok I got it running, I redid all the timing steps,now I replaced head gaskets and had heads redone. I torqued the heads in the correct sequences bit I noticed when it started to get warmed up some water came out of the exhuast manifold. What could that be, still need to torque more on heads what, I'm about to give up and sell this thing. I like having two turbo cars, but I don't want a headache.Do I have to replace the gaskets again, has anyone ever had that issue with water coming out from getting hot. Know I do have antifreeze in it maybe I need to put more in it. I'm going to change the oil and add more anti freeze this weekend and see if it still does it.

well id let it warm up fully and see if the exhaust smeels sweet or has a thick "fog" puffing out of it. at that point id shut it down and pull the plugs to find out which cylinder is getting coolant. these cars can be a pain in the butt somtimes. pm me if you have any other questions

I talked to the machine shop and they said just torque to heads to 70ft lbs I torqued to 95 ft lbs so I might have squeezed the head gaskets out. This car has been off the road since 1995. It will need a paint Job and inside fabrics replaced other then that it's a solid car. I just don't want to give up on it cause of the factory moon roof and full power options except rear defrost and power trunk.

I talked to the machine shop and they said just torque to heads to 70ft lbs I torqued to 95 ft lbs so I might have squeezed the head gaskets out. This car has been off the road since 1995. It will need a paint Job and inside fabrics replaced other then that it's a solid car. I just don't want to give up on it cause of the factory moon roof and full power options except rear defrost and power trunk.

what kinda headgaskets did you use?

I used arp head bolts, no studs. Felpro gaskets for the stock heads. What's a good machine shop in Houston ? I had my heads redone at Kent machine on south post oak. Another friend of mine told me Houston machine in Pasadena .

ive always used G/G machine out in tombal. itd prolly be a bit of a drive where your located but they do good work. in the mean time i dont think that a set of iron heads could be that badly mangled up as to cause a headgasket issue.......unless the machine shop doesnt know how to resurface heads? if you go on arp's website adn look around, i know they have the specs and torque values for all their head studs/bolts. also cleaned and threadsealled threads help with accurate torque figures

Several of the bolts that hold the heads on go into the water jacket. Did you use sealant on any of the bolts(not sure which ones right off the top of my head ). I use some Indian head shellac stuff. It is in a little brown bottle. Other use different things. Or some gm seal tabs into the radiator. That water could just be condensation in the exhaust system. I hear h-town is quite humid(I lived in New Caney for two years and yes it is HUMID).

My two cents.

Well guys I found another car that I'm interested in so I'm seeing if I can get back what I have in this car which is 4300.00, it does run, can not drive, no drive shaft and rearend is not the correct on, will need paint job and interior recovered. And missing rear bumper. Never had one when I got. There is some water coming out the left side head so I don't know if it has a crack in it. I know it's replaceable . I just don't want to dump any more money into it.I hbe my other Buick to spend my money on. U have pics on my phone or you can come look at it. Pm me and I'll respond.

why not just post up some pics and all the general info on the car. if its a decent deal i might be interested

Slimtastic your not lying about G&G in Tomball they are good people. Joe over at G&G just stoked my engine it looks good, now im just trying finish putting it back togther. By the way anyone have a fuel rail that is willing to sell.

IMG_2171.jpg
Slimtastic your not lying about G&G in Tomball they are good people. Joe over at G&G just stoked my engine it looks good, now im just trying finish putting it back togther. By the way anyone have a fuel rail that is willing to sell.

Stock Fuel rail ?:D

SLIMTASTIC-- are able or do you know of anyone that can tune / iron out / update an XFI around West Houston? Thanks Sir.

what kind of problems are you having that need ironing out? ive used the program before and could possibly help but im on the north side of houston.

i run a bs3 and know my way around it..... which was created by the same guy so the navigation and setup feartures are all the same basicly

I'm still in the game...if you need help with anything, give me a shout....from engine work to electrical/trim and tuning.