Any last suggestions before it gets sent to be fixed?

gidyuppp

Still have a terrible idle. Been following symptoms for a month now and very little success. Started out with a great 2 hour driver to pull in to the driveway to have crank but no start. Noticed the plastic GN emblem on the coil pack had melted and the heat shield clip for the hood just above the coil pack also melted. Changed the Coil Pack and Module. Car turned over but idled awful. Did spark check and everything was ok. Did a fuel check and injector test and all was ok. Adjusted TPS within normal range. Adjusted cam sensor in range. No luck. Had a back up Cam Sensor and Crank Sensor put both in and no change. MAF is functioning. Scan master readings all normal range with no codes. Did a ground check and all fine. Checked all wiring harness wires from module to ECM. Not evident of shorting out. Put a different ECM in with no change. For grins changed plugs and nothing. Buddy has modis diagnostic tool and the car is not throwing any codes, however, not much info will to that from this car. When diagnostic tool set in limp mode the car idles smooth for the 2 minute cycle in limp mode. O2 sensors functioning properly according to tool. Before I go through the pain of towing ut 40 miles to a professional is there anything I am missing? Thanks

Still have a terrible idle. Been following symptoms for a month now and very little success. Started out with a great 2 hour driver to pull in to the driveway to have crank but no start. Noticed the plastic GN emblem on the coil pack had melted and the heat shield clip for the hood just above the coil pack also melted. Changed the Coil Pack and Module. Car turned over but idled awful. Did spark check and everything was ok. Did a fuel check and injector test and all was ok. Adjusted TPS within normal range. Adjusted cam sensor in range. No luck. Had a back up Cam Sensor and Crank Sensor put both in and no change. MAF is functioning. Scan master readings all normal range with no codes. Did a ground check and all fine. Checked all wiring harness wires from module to ECM. Not evident of shorting out. Put a different ECM in with no change. For grins changed plugs and nothing. Buddy has modis diagnostic tool and the car is not throwing any codes, however, not much info will to that from this car. When diagnostic tool set in limp mode the car idles smooth for the 2 minute cycle in limp mode. O2 sensors functioning properly according to tool. Before I go through the pain of towing ut 40 miles to a professional is there anything I am missing? Thanks
vacuum leaks?

When you start it cold how does it act? Does it act up right of the bat or run fine for a few seconds?

Horrible from the get go. then when warms up needs help to stay running from the throttle.

If some plugs look different than others it sounds like you have a injector issue. The plugs that are fouled prolly have a bad/dirty/sticky injector.

Swap injectors with a cylinder that has a clean plug. See if the condition moves to that cylinder.

RL

Did you get the wires back on the new coil pack correctly? The car will run if the wires are mis-installed in certain ways.

Where did you get the module from?
I got the module from kirban. I will try injector issue as soon as possible. I just drove the car home from my buddies shop and had to feather the throttle home not to stall. I got into boost and blew black smoke if that helps anyone.

I thought I did it correctly. I printed an install diagram from votexbuick

Easy to check. 1-5-3 on the back from pass to driver side and 4-2-6 on the front from pass to driver side.

Looking at the coil pack from the front of the car:

1-5-3
4-2-6

I assume you know which cylinders are which but speak up if you don't.

HTH.

Easy to check. 1-5-3 on the back from pass to driver side and 4-2-6 on the front from pass to driver side.

1-5-3
4-2-6

HTH.
At this point lets assume I dont. Are we talking plug wires or the actual wire that go from module to coil pack. I am always a learner and with everything new, it could be something this dumb. Thanks

1-5-3
4-2-6

HTH.
Here is a picture of the module to coil pack connection as it currently sits. Does this help?

The module that Kirban sells is an AC Delco I believe.
Feathering the throttle, and black smoke are signs it's definitely rich.
Have you tried swapping in a known good MAF and trying it?

The module that Kirban sells is an AC Delco I believe.
Feathering the throttle, and black smoke are signs it's definitely rich.
Have you tried swapping in a known good MAF and trying it?
Yes. I have two MAF and it was working before the issue. I have another delco rebuilt one that is new and it didnt like that one. Switched back to the delco that was on car while running and it did better with that one.

That is not a ac delco module.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Snap some pics of those plugs and post em up.

RL

That is not a ac delco module.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge?

Snap some pics of those plugs and post em up.

RL
Attached are the pics of the wire hook up. Also, the diagram I followed to check. I do have a fuel gauge at the rail and when running it shows 40-42. Engine off it was down to 22. Fuel pump is priming. Of course now the car is dead because of so many cranks over the last 10 days and no running so I hooked it up to a tender. Thanks for all the suggestions.
DSC08455.jpg

DSC08453.jpg

DSC08452.jpg

DSC08451.jpg

DSC08450.jpg

DSC08449.jpg

DSC08448.jpg

DSC08447.jpg

Plug wires look right to me and that is the right diagram. Must be something else. Start pulling plugs as suggested.