Any Info on this Car/ Build

NotMyGN

Champagne dreams... Beer pocket book
V__AD73.jpg
imagejpeg952_14.jpg
imagejpeg952_15.jpg
imagejpeg952_16.jpg

My brother just bought an 87 GN from our uncle Bill Barlow. I'm hoping some of the Buick folk that have been around for a while might know more than we do. According to our uncle the car needs 140 octane (I didn't know it went that high, does it?). My brother wants to be able to drive it on the street so i'm thinking alky injection will need to be added. I have not seen it in person but my brother stated it has no o2 sensor or cat. Can these run correctly without the O2 sensor? The car is running an "experimental chip" from Turbo City but from what I've found online they don't deal with cars anymore, only bikes, so I'm wondering if one of the first thing will need to be replacing that with a chip that we can identify. Any and all help is appreciated. I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, if so let me know.

Attachments

• V__1095.jpg
    V__1095.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 267
  • imagejpeg952_10.jpg
    imagejpeg952_10.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 238
  • imagejpeg952_12.jpg
    imagejpeg952_12.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 272
  • imagejpeg952_5.jpg
    imagejpeg952_5.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 262
  • imagejpeg952_7.jpg
    imagejpeg952_7.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 250
  • imagejpeg952_4.jpg
    imagejpeg952_4.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
Wouldn’t your uncle Bill Barlow have the best info on this car?

D

Wouldn’t your uncle Bill Barlow have the best info on this car?

D

You'd think so. There were several parts to the post. I'm really hoping to hear from anyone that is mentioned on the poster. There was also the question about octane. Does 140 exist? I'd assume with alky he could run 91 but i'm hoping someone who knows the GNs better might see something looking at the pictures that may help. Otherwise at least everyone can enjoy the pictures of another GN that is being brought back to it's former glory. :)

Interesting it has the stock fuel pressure regulator. This car is going to be a headache for you...

wow thats insane 200mph!!!

turbo city was and is in orange califonia..

any more pictures??

I thought it said it went 200 mph at first too,but just noticed it says,the objective is to be the first 200mph streetable gn,and not that it has done it..

Last edited:
I would start googling and facebooking,etc. some of those names and businesses at the bottom of that board.

I know i seen a bottle in the trunk but are all those lines and solenoids for nitrous? And if so how come so many ive seen alot of gn motors but never seen anything like that. Really interesting

There is a nitrous and fuel line implanted oner each of the 6 ports.

It also appears to have one of each installed in the up pipe.

When adding nitrous you also need extra fuel.

D