Any info on early 87 BLACK turbo T's

lib87t

GAME OVER
I have a early 87 turbo T, black with chrome bumpers. Acording to Kirbans book, it is not a We4 because of the early date on the door. Anyone know production numbers or anything about them?

IIRC, an actual turbo-T would have a WE4 on the RPO sticker on the underside of the trunk lid.

I have a early 87 turbo T, black with chrome bumpers. Acording to Kirbans book, it is not a We4 because of the early date on the door. Anyone know production numbers or anything about them?

I got one too. Not sure if they continued producing black cars with black out trim and chrome bumpers after the WE4 option came out. It seems logical that somebody at GM saw that the combo really should have black bumpers and hence the WE4 was introduced, but who knows....

Has is been repainted? If so, there you go. Might not have been born as a black one.

Check your cowl tag for the paint code.

19U would mean a black car from the factory.

Gm stop making 1987 Black Turbo Regal T's with the blackout package (WO2 option) after Nov 1986 . give or take a month , there is a gm memo to about this . There are very few 1987 Turbo Regals , black on black with chrome bumpers .

Mark

I dont how many were made , I would guess just a few hundred .
I purchased one new in 1987 , same combo ,. black with blackout package and grey int.

Mark

I purchased one new in 1987 , same combo ,. black with blackout package and grey int.

Mark

If the RPO tag on the truck has WE4 as one of the options then your car is 1 of 1547 WE4's made.

Mark

I guesstimate the same... just a couple hundred, if that many.