Any Ideas?

LikeMySix

Looking for suggestions/help on my Turbo issue.
Its a brand new GT42/76 1.28ar I've already had to send it back once for warranty rebuild with just 2 hours new engine break in time on it. It blew the seals and dumped oil all in my new and expensive exhaust and Intercooler/intake etc. Made a real nice mess in short and looked like a mosquito fogger. So I get it back, reinstall it and same thing again in just 10-15 min Im getting oil in the exhaust and compressor housing again.Not as much as the 1st time "YET" but I'm thinking it wont be long before its back to the fogger again. Any ideas whats going on? My start up pressure the 1st time around was 100# cold oil pressure @idle which I told them and they stated would be fine for a short period of time. Oil is clean and now using a 20-50 weight before it was rotella 30 weight for engine break in. Have a #4 braided feed and a #8 return to the oil pan. The return line is clear and above the oil level in the pan.
Ive Decided to drop the oil pressure to 80# @cold idle. I'm getting frustrated with this any help would be appreciated. Since the oil has begun to seep into the exhaust and compressor housings would this dictate the seal is blown or or just leaking at this point from maybe more oil pressure than it can handle?

TIA

Can you put a gage on the oil feed size ? You might need to run a restrictor. Do you have the PTE turbo saver kit ?

I'm using a dutwieller remote oil filter setup with a HP6 filter(no bypass), filter housing has a guage mounted on it and guage in car has been installed at the lowest pressure point of block(rear oil boss under where the factory coil/module is mounted). Pressure at both guages are within 2-3#. Just seems best to drop the pressure to 80# at cold idle and see if that helps. If not then maybe its a bad center section. Dont have any other ideas. The size of inlet hose is a -4 hose.

Frank

I might be wrong, but i think the limit for the turbo is 30-50 psi . You may need to restrict the oil line to the turbo.