any help tuning e85 on xfi?

413turbo

stock block 3.8
60 lbs injecters
6765 turbo
3000 stall

right now i'm running 20lbs boost at 27 timing
i think it is still rich, just doesn't feel as fast as it has in the past.

anyone have any files i could compare.

or post up what you are getting away with.

i going for a test and tune night, but don't want to get it wrong.

thanks

ha,ha i'm going to drive that man crazy..

i can't rely on him for everything. besides i really want to get my feet wet, and learn how to tune.

i hit (by mistake ) 27lbs of boost, 100% duty cycle, around 3000-3500 rpms for a brief second. My guess is since it lived, i should be plenty safe to play around with it some.

i have 120's, but don't have time to upgrade the entire fuel system at the moment.

i go thru the threads and google, some people exress ratio in gas a/f , e85 a/f,, e98 a/f, and lambda.

sounds good, just doesn't feel fast enough.

my setup looks like it is where it should be, but maybe someone else has something i can compare to.

plan on going to the track tomorrow, play with it some.

i was doing some street tuning tonight, but got stopped by the po-po. he thought i was driving too slow:frown:

i can't wait until the self learning ve table is out. i'm getting sick of trying to tweak it.

^ whats the DC at 20 PSI

27 deg of timing eh. you might want to play with that and see what the car likes

i am 77-80% at 20psi. single walboro seams to be holding a steady pressure.

i may be just a little over the timing that this particular motor likes, but not sure. lots of people running 28* at 28# , or so they claim.
i know that 17 degrees feels about that same as 27 degrees. my butt dyno isn't that sensitive, gotta go to the track and see some data.

results are in

i found 2.5 mph in the 1/8th by getting the ve table correct.
however, the ve table working decent at the track, completely sucked for the ride home.

timing didn't do anything whether it was advanced 4* or 10*

and not having those 2 up to par, i didn't think it would be a good idea to change my lambda target.

and the performance just isn't there. i'm going to go over the mechanical side, and smoke test everything just to make sure.

SO, testing the waters with my tuning abillity didn't go so good. or , i could say that not blowing up the motor made it a great success?

northerngn may be able to help you. I was running 60lb inj on E85 but no xfi

good call my friend.

i did reach northerngn, and he helped me go thru some comparisions over the phone. we made a few changes, and i hope it helps. also, gave me a link to his car running, hope he doesn't mind- here is the link.

YouTube - buick grand national stock motor big turbo e-85 trans brake

if my car ran like that, i'd be thrilled. and tickled pink.

i am changing the valve springs, see what that does. i've been around for ~4 years now. but i started with rebuilding a stripped down to nothing -stolen gn, then the past 2 years, i focused on paint and details. i just am really getting into the performance side. I'm proud to say that I am a Hartline customer. I don't know if i'll ever be one of his "TOP DOG" race winners, and I know that i could send the car to him for a tune, and be happy with it. but, like i said, i really want to learn alot, and see what some others are doing. but, i know in the end, I will have to have Cal's help to get it right. but i'm going to try to get it close.

tuning has always been a black art, and i streak of luck if it ever came out right. i want to change that to know what i'm doing, and also to know what to do. anyone have any good sources of information books, classes, etc. i'd love to hear about it.

good call my friend.

i did reach northerngn, and he helped me go thru some comparisions over the phone. we made a few changes, and i hope it helps. also, gave me a link to his car running, hope he doesn't mind- here is the link.

YouTube - buick grand national stock motor big turbo e-85 trans brake

if my car ran like that, i'd be thrilled. and tickled pink.

i am changing the valve springs, see what that does. i've been around for ~4 years now. but i started with rebuilding a stripped down to nothing -stolen gn, then the past 2 years, i focused on paint and details. i just am really getting into the performance side. I'm proud to say that I am a Hartline customer. I don't know if i'll ever be one of his "TOP DOG" race winners, and I know that i could send the car to him for a tune, and be happy with it. but, like i said, i really want to learn alot, and see what some others are doing. but, i know in the end, I will have to have Cal's help to get it right. but i'm going to try to get it close.

tuning has always been a black art, and i streak of luck if it ever came out right. i want to change that to know what i'm doing, and also to know what to do. anyone have any good sources of information books, classes, etc. i'd love to hear about it.

Great hope things work out!

i did get some respect from the track trip though. my wife's side of the familt has been helping a guy with a mustang for the last year. we are talking stripped down, mt slicks, motor only has an alternator type car. I don't know what all is done to it. but,he only beat me by 2tenths and 1mph. i was on goodyear eagle street tires. i got plenty of room left, so the weekend warriors shouldn't be a problem if i can get right. but, i really want to send the big dogs back under the porch. maybe one day....

yes, changing the ae values to what you said help the driveability alot, taking off is very good now. i just need to get the timing, fuel setup now. just got the 2.0 but haven't even plugged it up yet.