Any 200r4 transmission shops in NE Texas

Mike70gtx

Want to get transmission freshened. l have all the good parts from CK performance. It is still shifting hard but the stage right trans brake will roll about a 6 inches (enough to break the beam) before it locks. Dallas, Shreveport, or little rock.

Stage right needs to be used in conjunction with the service brakes. It will roll 6" no matter what.

Stage right needs to be used in conjunction with the service brakes. It will roll 6" no matter what.

Not if set up right and pump pressure are right.

I'm just outside of Jackson, MS if you don't find someone closer.

Trans brake was working great at first. I think my pressures have been a little low. When I first back out of garage it doesn't pop right in gear. It feels like fluid or pressure a little low.

Call Jake Shoe. He's a little north of Denton and I've already discussed some of the building info with him. He can get you stuff from Chris for the tranny if you want.
1-940-458-5564

I forgot to add, Jake's a member here as well.

If J C is Jack Laswell, I gave him a call today. He was very helpful and took time to talk to me about several things on my car. He wouldn't be able to get to until mid-January, so I might have to go with one of the other options. But then again my motor could be down awhile. I might make some other changes.

Please give Jake a call. If you need his cell # PM me and I'll send it to you. He really knows how to make a tranny survive.

Call Jake Shoe. He's a little north of Denton and I've already discussed some of the building info with him. He can get you stuff from Chris for the tranny if you want.
1-940-458-5564

I forgot to add, Jake's a member here as well.

i ended up taking my trans to jake instead of jack laswell.. jake was much more receptive and personable imo... the trans is great and even left him one of my other 2004r cores to do a trans for my dads '57 chevy that we'll be picking up this weekend. HE KNOWS THESE TRANSMISSIONS!!

i ended up taking my trans to jake instead of jack laswell.. jake was much more receptive and personable imo... the trans is great and even left him one of my other 2004r cores to do a trans for my dads '57 chevy that we'll be picking up this weekend. HE KNOWS THESE TRANSMISSIONS!!

Another vote for Jake. He installed a stage-rite trans brake that works great. He is a really good guy that knows his stuff.

I will definitely give Jake a call. Tried today, will try again on Monday. Thanks.
Anyone in Dallas rebuild turbos? I hear that by the time I get it back from Precision it will cost the price of a new one. I might just sell mine and go ball bearing.

If it's a stock turbo send me a PM. I may be able to help you do it yourself for less than $200. It's a lot easier than most think it is.

I did see some videos on youtube about changing bearings in a turbo. Mine is a pt 67 with an 85 exhaust, which I'd like to switch out to a 63 exhaust.
I am going to go with Jake. I'm meeting him in Sherman tomorrow to give my trans and convertor.

I did see some videos on youtube about changing bearings in a turbo. Mine is a pt 67 with an 85 exhaust, which I'd like to switch out to a 63 exhaust.
I am going to go with Jake. I'm meeting him in Sherman tomorrow to give my trans and convertor.

Cool Mike. Jake is a great guy to deal with.:smile: I don't know if the guy I have been keeping an eye on has the parts for your turbo but send me a PM and I'll give you the contact info. He should be able to tell you if he has the parts or not.:cool: