antenna ground

ryan george

Can someone pls tell me where the ground from the antenna connects? Motor is running continuously when the battery is connected. Read a prior post where someone had the same issue and it was the ground. Unable to get a response back from that person at this point. Thanks!

I don't know about the ground but it's common for the antenna to break causing the motor to run like you describe. Mine did that so I pulled it all the way up and unplugged the connection over by the HVAC box. I would think with no ground it wouldn't operate at all but I'm no expert in antennas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can get hold of a service manual, there is a section that troubleshoot's the power antenna from the relay by jumping it in certain configurations. small chance it is the relay, more realistically your internal nylon cord snapped and the motor is in constant "on" state. Your ground wire will be one of the three coming back to that relay just inside the glove box area above your ecm. all three are in a plug that plugs into that relay

Just went through this a few weeks ago. If the motor keeps running and the mast isn't coming up or down then, as already stated above, the mast ribbon is broke.