Antenna delete solution

slim

So I finally got around to removing my broken power antenna. I was then left with the decision to either replace the antenna(car has no stereo) or leave a hole in the fender until I got the car painted. I went out to the garage and remembered seeing a plug that might work. Of course the plug was way too big...but the company name was molded into the underside of the plug. So I call them and ask them about a BPF-3/4 and they say they can only sell me a thousand! but would be happy to send me some samples and asked how many I needed. I told them two. A week goes by and lo and behold I receive a letter with 4 plugs.

They work perfectly. They're black. They sit really nicely in the hole. They're free. Looks almost like that's what the factory would have done if antenna delete would have been an option.

I've got two extra if anyone needs one. Free.

Originally posted by slim

I've got two extra if anyone needs one. Free.

Can I get one?.
If you would just drop me an email, your's is hiden.
TIA

I would love one.

I removed my antenna and used a chrome plug in the hole but the paint chipped off the chrome.

Chris Cairns,
401 E. Park Lane,
Chewelah, WA, 99109.

Thanks for doing this.

bruce, sent you an email.

Chris, yours is packed and ready to be dropped in the mailbox.

Thank you kind sir. Hopefully I can repay you in the future.

Hey, I know. Send a tranny in need of repair to Len in Vegas...tell him Otto said he'd pay. :D

I presume the company you're talking about is Caplugs in Buffalo, NY? They will send free samples to anyone and their products can be found in many hardware stores for a few pennies. BTW, they make the plugs under the spoiler ends that pop into our deck lids.

Gee

and I thought I was doing something nice for someone:rolleyes:

bruce, Chris, Dave...do you guys still want these in light of the fact that they only cost pennies and can be found on every street corner:eek:

slim i got a question for you.

will a cd player still play cd's if the antenna is removed?

mine is broken and have wanted to get rid of it but i do listen to cd's all the time

sure it will. You don't need an antenna to play CD's. It looks good too without the antenna sticking half way up.

slim,

u r doing something nice, but when you run out I thought others would like to know where to get 'em.

BTW, you know the retainers than attach the underhood pad? Folks sell 'em for a buck a piece? You can get a bag full of 'em from Auveco for a couple of bucks...

:)

i would like one to.
if possible

thanks,
Joshua

oh....thanks for the quick answer on my question to.

My wife was looking for a plug. you know the type, do you think this company can send out a few samples?

I received mine in great condition. Thanks very much.

Had I known it would cost you $1.50 Canadian to mail it I'd have sent you my first born as compensation. :)

has anyone tried the replacement antennas from antennax.com?
They are on ebay for about $25.

Glad you got it OK Chris. I don't think it would have cost $1.50 to send...I just stuck what I had for stamps on it.

Fits pretty good, eh?:D