Another "Which Turbo" Question

Buick Beginner

Where is my $$$ going?
Gentlemen,
I'm re-thinking my turbo setup and I've been talking with Precision Turbo on the phone. I've just about decided that a PT-51 is about the biggest turbo I can get away with considering my converter, (see signature). We talked a bit about some PT-51's tearing up 3 years ago, and I was assured that problem was taken care of now. Does anyone have anything to comment about the Precision PT-51? I don't mind sacrificing a bit of spool up speed to get the top side power. Now, just on side note, the PT-51 is under $700, that's kind of important to me. So, please don't suggest a whiz bang turbo that cost $1400, too much for me! Thanks guys - BB:p

Both my buddies that use the 51 like them. (both mid 11 sec cars, w/ stock motors) Im not familiar with the chetah turbos, but a TA-49 would be my choice with your setup. Excellent power and great spool for about 700 bucks. I think a 51 would work good too though.

My 51 does good & I have a stock converter..just buy from John Craig...I still never got an answer why the 51's were tearing up? I had intake wheel problem & they wouldnt fix after i bought from them so John craig helped me out when he didnt have too..Ill vote for him all day long..pay once & get great service to stand behind it..Mines been perfect ever since..Id probably sale mine with high boost actuator for 600.00 or without for 550.00 if you want...very very very low miles.Shipping included
Thanks,Brian

OK thanks for the replies

Who exactly is John Craig and does he have a web site? If not a website how about a phone number? - BB

Re: OK thanks for the replies

Originally posted by Buick Beginner
Who exactly is John Craig and does he have a web site? If not a website how about a phone number? - BB
Buy from John Craig. His turbos are GREAT!!! and you won't be disappointed.

Called Him

OK, I called JC and he said that a PT-51 isn't hardly any bigger than what I've got now. He suggested a PT-52! You guys think my converter can handle that? - BB:confused:

If I was gonna buy one now or was to sale mine Id ask for a TE61 probably..heard alot about them & seems all good..But I would think a 52 would be a lil slower spool but you do have a lil converter so that should be ok I guess
Brian