Another...What should it run ?

DragulaGN

Screw TurboClowns.com
I know you guys get tired of this stuff but I am not really familiar with the TRs so heres a list:
Stock 109 block
Billet Mains
Stock Rods
Stock Crank
208/208 ductile roller
T&D roller rockers
Ported and polished iron heads with larger valves
Hemco polished Plenum w/ 70 mm tb
RJC power plate
60# injectors with matching TT chips
CAS V2 IC
Alky Kit
JE forged with file fit pistons
turbo saver oiling system
John Craig TE63
Terry Houston 3" DP with cut out
Kennebell cold air intake
built 200r4 with Art Carr servos and Shift kit
Art Carr 9" converter 3500 stall.
Thats all I can think of right now.

Any how.. It went an 11.71 @ 118 mph in 95 degree heat. Will this set up be good for low 10's? I have a set of Poston headers that will be going on in a week or so. Will I have problems with my TH DP?

I cannot launch this carwith more than 5 psi boost because it wants to push through the lights... If I can launch on more boost, should the ET drop to the ?point of being in the mid tens? My goals are to eventually have this car in the low tens high nines... What will need to be changed to accomplish that?

Badass ride

Hi,
It sounds like your setup is on the money. I can't see any reason it shouldn't run high tens as it sits. You must get the 60 foot times down, though.Nines are a different issue, brace the frame and get a bigger turbo. Have fun!

Should I look at changing the cam...maybe something with a little more on the exh side? What lift would be the best to go with?

I am looking into going to a 70 QTM next season...will it be compatible with the 60s or will I have to go higher?

Another ? What is the most a 3.8 can be spun (rpm wise)

Mine is set at 6000 but i think it could go a little more..seems like it wants to. I used to spin my LS1 to 7200

Low 10's implies at least 132+MPH. What fuel system are you running? By way of comparison, I use a girdled stock block, stock crank & rods, 212/212 cam, double pumper, 72's, and a PT70; the time below in my sig was a on a weak 1.72 60-foot when the car usually 60-foots in the low 1.5s and has hit 1.49 once. Have you done all the usual rear brake tricks (bigger wheel cylinders, four long shoes)? Also, I would tell you that the KB cold air setup you have might not be helping if it's the "old" type I'm thinking of that uses a 5" hose and a ram air scoop.

I beleive it had a 340 walbro in the tank. I have been looking into a boost-a-pump set up but have not read up on it a whole lot lately.

I was wondering about that Kennebell. Looks like I would be better served with a conical set up. :confused: The front dam is kinda cool though. It already has the fiberglass front bumper and alum.supports. Im going to start removing the AC once the headers go in. Im trying to put this "big Buford" on a diet :D

How will the rear end and drivetrain handle the shock of the transbrake. Im still on stock axles. Would I have to go to a TH350 or TH400 to go with the Trany brake?

Will the THxxx bolt up to the 231 or is there an adapter plate that I will have to fab or find.

bigger turbo, transbrake and 1.4x 60' times "may" get you mid-high 10's

low 10's is a whloe 'nother bag of worms......

you'll need race gas and timing to go much farther than low 11's.....even Razor just barely gets into 10's with alky and TTA

I would ignore those who haven't "been there, done that" most on this board are wildly optimistic (until they get to the track)