Another Track bites the Dust,But in Flames 11-17-12

HelloBozos

A Bozo in Buick
Orlando Speed World closes it's doors the End of this year, All the track idem's are for Sale, an must be picked up by Dec. 28th. The owner is retiring an i think is selling the land. ( i heard to Walmart )

The white Xtreme Jet Semi is also for sale,The Jet-Semi,Hauler an Trailer for $280,000. anyone? anyone?

Enjoy below...

Armageddon!!! The Last ever Night of Fire at Orlando Speed World....2012

http://youtu.be/WTiOg68AX5A

They'er going out in balls of Fire...

(Now Orlando will become the really on the Street racing Capital of the World,Watch...)

we havent had a track here in about 20 years. the nearest track is 2 states away and 100-150 miles away 1 way. and they wonder why people street race

Sad man. I have many great memories of going to the World Street Car Nationals. Even though there are many tracks that have similar races now, not sure many will compare to the "show" Orlando put on. The owner of the track really did not want to change the rules. classes, and payouts to come in line with modern outlaw racing. That event alone, it its prime was probably enough reason/revenue to keep that track open. The local economy there will be missing out big time...beside the obvious issue with racers taking stuff to the street..

I went to this thinking it would be busy being last ever but it was pretty dead compared to last 18 years. Its a shame. Someone needs to open another!

I heard gossip about New Track in Clermont,FL, but it's not there yet, There's is/was an 1/8mile at the OIA area,off of Tradeport Dr? In never been to it but i heard the stopping area's real Bad.

Heard the airport one wasnt greatest either. There has been talk here in Melbourne about one opening and have been asked if i would partner on it, but a few years ago one was denied. So i dont want to waste my time.